cofacio.com - help create the site intro & win £200 for the charity of your choice

cofacio.com - help create the site intro & win £200 for the charity of your choice

simeon stewart
Hi,

We're testing out some crowd-sourcing to get help with the introduction text to our site http://cofacio.com. We've condensed the key points down to 400 characters but now we need help getting that into a 140 character social media format. In return we'll donate £200 to the winner's chosen charity.

Entries can be by mail to [hidden email] or on twitter using the #helpengine tag.

For full details please visit http://cofacio.com/competition/ or for those who prefer not to click the key message points are below.

Thanks

Sim

Key Points
  • Cofacio is a #helpengine, a fun and social way to get help and help other people
  • With Cofacio you can make a real difference by helping other people, creating good will and supporting charities and causes featured on the site
  • Everyone can help by using Cofacio to find and offer help. You don't need to be an expert or dedicate lots of time to help, we just ask you to share a few minutes, ideas and know-how when you can

Simeon Stewart
Cofacio Ltd
The Lawn, Ealing Green
London, W5 5ER
Tel: 07502249177
Mail: [hidden email]

On 4/21/10 1:17 PM, Gregory Vincent wrote:
Why use social networks?... D'oh!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=111509058880369

On 21 April 2010 12:53, Angus Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 21 Apr 2010, at 12:21, Gregory Vincent wrote:
Please sign up for OpenCoffee London on Facebook by clicking on the following link:

Why?

Re: cofacio.com - help create the site intro & win £200 for the charity of your choice

Maybe its just me who does not understand how it works, how does me helping someone convert to cash for charity ?

iqbal

Re: cofacio.com - help create the site intro & win £200 for the charity of your choice

simeon stewart
Hi Iqbal, good point, it works in a similar way to http://causeworld.com/. Our users create the goodwill and as a result of that our corporate partners donate funds to the charity projects we support on the site.

Thanks

Sim

Simeon Stewart
Cofacio Ltd
The Lawn, Ealing Green
London, W5 5ER
Tel: 07502249177
Mail: [hidden email]

On 4/21/10 2:08 PM, iqbalgandham wrote:
Hi

Maybe its just me who does not understand how it works, how does me helping someone convert to cash for charity ?

iqbal

Re: cofacio.com - help create the site intro & win £200 for the charity of your choice

Nope, still lost :-)

1. I offer advice or help to someone who has a question, this can be on any topic I guess
2. For offering this advice I create/get goodwill  I presume this is in some form of 'goodwill points'

So how does a corporate partner now donate, or more to the point why do they donate, based on what advice I am giving, or am I connected/linked in some way to a corporate partner

I.

Re: cofacio.com - help create the site intro & win £200 for the charity of your choice

Geoff Wright
Simeon,

Here's my entry:
  • Cofacio is a #helpengine, a fun and social way to get help and help other people
  • With Cofacio you can make a real difference by helping other people, creating good will and supporting charities and causesfeatured on the site
  • Everyone can help by using Cofacio to find and offer help. You don't need to be an expert or dedicate lots of time to help, we just ask you to share a few minutes, ideas and know-how when you can
Thanks,

Geoff

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:45 PM, iqbalgandham <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

BR,

Geoff Wright

Affililabs LTD
[hidden email]
t: +44 (0) 7702 405 730
Skype: geoffw8
tw: geoffw8

Re: cofacio.com - help create the site intro & win £200 for the charity of your choice

Geoff Wright
Sorry, let me explain. I don't read things, I'm your worst case visitor. If you had put any more than that in those bullets, I wouldn't have even finished reading this email.

I always lengthen things, and end up going back to my bullets. I'd find an exciting way of displaying those points, instead.

Thanks,

Geoff

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Geoff Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
Simeon,

Here's my entry:

--
BR,

Geoff Wright

Affililabs LTD
[hidden email]
t: +44 (0) 7702 405 730
Skype: geoffw8
tw: geoffw8

Re: cofacio.com - help create the site intro & win £200 for the charity of your choice

simeon stewart
Hi Iqbal,

The site goes public very shortly so you'll be able to have a good look then. If you'd like an invite then please mail me.

Thanks

Sim
Simeon Stewart
Cofacio Ltd
The Lawn, Ealing Green
London, W5 5ER
Tel: 07502249177
Mail: [hidden email]

On 4/21/10 3:45 PM, iqbalgandham wrote:
Nope, still lost :-)

1. I offer advice or help to someone who has a question, this can be on any topic I guess
2. For offering this advice I create/get goodwill  I presume this is in some form of 'goodwill points'

So how does a corporate partner now donate, or more to the point why do they donate, based on what advice I am giving, or am I connected/linked in some way to a corporate partner

I.

Re: cofacio.com - help create the site intro & win £200 for the charity of your choice

simeon stewart
Thanks Geoff, pretty close to what I was thinking :)

Best

Sim
Simeon Stewart
Cofacio Ltd
The Lawn, Ealing Green
London, W5 5ER
Tel: 07502249177
Mail: [hidden email]

On 4/21/10 3:56 PM, Geoff Wright wrote:
Simeon,

Here's my entry:
[...]

thanks for the suggestion Geoff, I think most people prefer not to read, seems a real battle there between what people want and what the search engines are looking for ie. a few clear keywords at the top of the page.

cheers

sim
Simeon Stewart
Cofacio Ltd
The Lawn, Ealing Green
London, W5 5ER
Tel: 07502249177
Mail: [hidden email]

On 4/21/10 3:59 PM, Geoff Wright wrote:
[...]

Well I wanted to enter the competition, but can't since it seems as if I am the only person who hasn't a clue about what it does :-(