Web Icons List

phillip hofmeyr

A few weeks ago Tim put out a request for suggestions on where to find icons on the web.

There were some really useful responses. Rather than letting this stuff disappear into the ether and forcing us all to wrack our brain and re-write our tips the next time this question is asked (no doubt in 6 months time!) I decided to put the recommendations in a list.

http://bitly.com/snagsta_opencoffee_icons

Admittedly, I am the co-founder of the site the list is on. But I think the usefulness of the list outweighs the self-promotion that occasionally generates a series of ‘vitriolic outbursts’ followed by ‘take me off this list’ followed by ‘you’re an idiot – you subscribed yourself’ emails J

Phil

PS: if I missed any off the list please fire them over and i’ll update the list

On 14 Apr 2009, at 12:32, Tim wrote:

Hi

I would be grateful if someone could direct me to where I can get either off-the-shelf or bespoke vector icons created for use on my website.

Types of actual icon required is likely to be wide ranging, such as champagne bottle, traffic lights, airplane, football etc

Many thanks

Tim

Surfing the web just got more rewarding. Download the New Internet Explorer 8

Re: Web Icons List

Lee Branch
Did someone say butter...?  Mmmm, lunchtime!

PS: Please stop clogging up my inbox, I'm very important etc etc...

Regards,

Lee Branch
Founder and Commercial Director
The Friday Pint Network for advertising and events salespeople

Tel: 07984 133 008
Email: [hidden email]

Fax: 020 7043 1293
Office: 020 7043 1209

Web: www.thefridaypint.com / www.mediasalesjobs.co.uk
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/leebranch
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/leebranch

Disclaimer:

The information in this email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this email without the author's prior permission, any unauthorised use may be unlawful.

Any views or opinions stated are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Friday Pint Ltd unless otherwise specifically stated.

We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses. If you are the intended recipient and you do not wish to receive similar electronic messages from us in future then please respond to the sender to this effect.