Voting today....

12

Voting today....

Hardeep Rai
Its very important that we all do our civic duty today and vote for the right party....

I.E. The CONSERVATIVES !! :-))

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

From: Jon Williams <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 07:10:48 -0400
Subject: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Newswire - Air crash

...And now we have a new "Join the Euro" fanboy....:-)

Jon

www.efactor.com - the entrepreneur network

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Brian Milnes <[hidden email]> wrote:

It gets better, according to the Guardian, Farage doesn?t? need to be conscious to be able to talk:

His agent, Chris Adams, told BBC News that Farage had been "drifting in and out of consciousness and is now being X-rayed".

Re: Voting today....

brendan ross

don't forget , vote with your present wallet , future wallet and past wallet , any other vote would be absolutely fucking stupid

CONSERVATIVES , ME ARSE , WHOSE WALLET ARE THEY PROTECTING ?
why is it that people  believe that they are above it all , and in their absolute dillision of god knows what they put an X beside the conservatives , ya might as well say good bye tonight to everything that you value, becuase those heartless bastards will take it away.

example: SOUTH BANK , during livingstones reign , it was a hotbed of culture that i could bring my son to everyweek and there would be something new .
under Super smart Clown  BORIS , NOTHING NOT A DAMN THING

Its very important that we all do our civic duty today and vote for the right party....

I.E. The CONSERVATIVES !! :-))

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

They reported that quick as well, it apparently only happened 3 1/2 hours ago and they have pictures and everything up on the web.

Still I suppose thats the world we live n now.

Re: Voting today....

Omkar Joshi
Since you raised the issue Hardeep, I suggest everyone read this Guardian article from Timothy Garton Ash, who himself says, right at the beginning, that he has never belonged to any political party and who, as an independent writer, intends to keep it that way.

Please note that these are entirely the journalist's views and not mine....

Happy voting everyone!
Omkar

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Hardeep Rai <[hidden email]> wrote:
Its very important that we all do our civic duty today and vote for the right party....

I.E. The CONSERVATIVES !! :-))

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

They reported that quick as well, it apparently only happened 3 1/2 hours ago and they have pictures and everything up on the web.

Still I suppose thats the world we live n now.

RE: Voting today....

Christopher Bristow

If we allow politics onto this forum for this special day I would suggest any comments are about policy. Throw-away comments about the Mayor of London doesn’t contribute to the political debate, as, arguably, the mayor is not representative of the political party. I don’t think either Labour or  Conservatives were/are big supporters of  their respective representative. Both gentlemen created their own platforms for their own purposes.

People around the world are still fighting for the right to vote or to have fair elections. We should accept that responsibility and vote today.

My personal view is that we have had enough of the 2 party system. The country should be governed in line with how people have voted, not by the constituency boundaries set up to favour one party or the other. I’m in favour of proportional representation and a balanced parliament. Vote for reform.

Its very important that we all do our civic duty today and vote for the right party....

I.E. The CONSERVATIVES !! :-))

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

They reported that quick as well, it apparently only happened 3 1/2 hours ago and they have pictures and everything up on the web.

Still I suppose thats the world we live n now.

RE: Voting today....

James Carling
At last we get to vote!

This should have happened when Blair stood down.

We have an anointed PM and a cabinet full of the non-elected. They also skipped the vote on Europe we were promised.

As a businessman and entrepreneur voting for Labour or the LibDems is like "Turkeys voting for Christmas".

James

________________________________

From: Jon Williams <[hidden email]>

Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 07:10:48 -0400

To: <[hidden email]>

www.efactor.com <http://www.efactor.com/>  - the entrepreneur network

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Brian Milnes <[hidden email]> wrote:

It gets better, according to the Guardian, Farage doesn?t? need to be conscious to be able to talk:

His agent, Chris Adams, told BBC News that Farage had been "drifting in and out of consciousness and is now being X-rayed".

That?s a PROPER politician, I?d say. I notice that they didn?t say where his speech was emanating from. One can only speculate; as his head was injured and covered with blood?

They reported that quick as well, it apparently only happened 3 1/2 hours ago and they have pictures and everything up on the web.

Still I suppose thats the world we live n now.

winmail.dat (15K) Download Attachment

RE: Voting today....

Christopher Bristow

I presume that it is a Vegetarian Christmas the turkey is voting for...

[...]

Brian Milnes

+1 – “People around the world are still fighting for the right to vote or to have fair elections. We should accept that responsibility and vote today.

Please, exercise your franchise and vote.

(BTW, if you think your vote is largely irrelevant due to an unrepresentative voting scheme and crazy boundaries/constituencies, you’ve probably got only one way to vote to get it changed.)

[...]

Leonard Cousins
Well it's the season for it, so I will wade in too.

I think you've made a valid point Brendan, it is not so much the Conservative's policies but their history for being callous that worries me.  They seem to lack a sensitivity to keep them away from decisions that led to extremes in the economy and society.

brendan ross wrote:

[...]

john barrett
Well if you want to be able to vote again in five years time then I wouldn't vote for labour, They have taken away just about every right we have, they will probably have that next.

Brown and the labour party have proved to us time and time again that they will lie to us, will not give a toss what we want and will just press on with their own agenda, they deceive us and they certainly cannot be trusted with our finances. They were getting us into debt long before the recession(sorry global recession which 'wasn't' browns fault) came along. He failed to prepare us for it and look what happened. Even though the recession is supposedly over(sorry global recession is over, for which brown 'is' responsible for, funnily enough) and most countries are pulling through, we are still left in another one of the labour parties fine messes. Just like the ones they have left us in every time they have been in power. It's not conservative history you have to worry about, it's the labour history that they are currently repeating. Labour have all these great ideas but they don't seem to understand that they cannot be maintained financially. They are like kids in a candy shop with our money.

Call the Tories stuck up toffs if you like but the fact is they come from money and they know how to handle money. They are much more realistic. At the end of the day no government could be as bad as what we have had the last 13 years and just the chance that conservatives could just be better has surely got to be worth taking, at least we'll have our freedom back.

It's no good brown turning round now that he has realized that his 'keep spending' mantra is unpopular and is looking to lose the election and saying "well of course we will have to make cuts to all the waste in the next financial year". No gordon, you should have made those cuts years ago, in fact better still you shouldn't have been wasting them on £3million relaxation suites in the first place, you should have been kitting out those troops who you deceptively and dishonestly put into the firing line.

I don't know if any of you have seen a film called Taking Liberties, it's a factual documentary, but I challenge you to watch it and then vote labour afterwards.

Thanks,

John B.

P.S. Before any of you start trying to convince me otherwise, I have already been to the polling booth and crossed for Tory. I wouldn't have voted for labour if you held a gun to my head. And if labour were to win then, You all deserve what you get and, I  TOLD YOU SO!

Re: Voting today....

Geoff Wright
Brown and the labour party have proved to us time and time again that they will lie to us, will not give a toss what we want and will just press on with their own agenda,

This is the reason I'm not voting for any of them. They're all lying cheating scumbags, its all lies. The whole proces is inherently flawed, they should be disgusted about how their appeared on the TV debates, which of them appeared to have an ounce of morality, honesty? Which of them was really answering a question? None.

I'm happy to be resident in the bubble that we call our real life, but I'm not prepared to take part in it.

Politics is a joke.

Thanks,

Geoff

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:24 PM, john barrett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

BR,

Geoff Wright

Affililabs LTD
[hidden email]
t: +44 (0) 7702 405 730
Skype: geoffw8
tw: geoffw8

Re: Voting today....

john barrett
I know Geoff, and what about that 'bigoted woman' quip the other day. did you hear how he said " I should never have been put in front of that woman in the first place, Who's fault was that, it was Sue". That just shows what an orchestrated facade the labour machine is(like we didn't know all ready). And he was really serious about how he said it too, it makes me sick how he acts all "Sorry, I should never have talked like that, Sorry, I'm so Sorry". He meant what he said and if the microphone wasn't there he would have carried on like normal, how many other times has he talked about people like that?

The guy is just taking us all for a bunch of mugs!

On 6 May 2010 14:29, Geoff Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

that bigoted woman comment was the last straw  for me , all of the labour cabinet disgust me and i'm could be a labour voter (voting should be private)

i feel that milliband should never be leader nor any of th cabinet , the leader should come from the back benches , a person like frank field would make me vote.

Re: Voting today....

Geoff Wright
They're all the same.

Watch that, and tell me if he's any better?

Geoff

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:56 PM, brendan ross <[hidden email]> wrote:
that bigoted woman comment was the last straw  for me , all of the labour cabinet disgust me and i'm could be a labour voter (voting should be private)

i feel that milliband should never be leader nor any of th cabinet , the leader should come from the back benches , a person like frank field would make me vote.

Re: Voting today....

john barrett
Omkar,

That journolist you are talking about also goes on to say:

"I say it as a lifelong liberal"

I could tell as soon as I saw his picture he was a die hard bleedin liberal, He's got carrott-cruncher written all over his face. The only way that labour could possibly win this election is by people voting for lib dems. Nick Cleggs fantasy that he can win this election is just nuts, people who say "this isn't a two horse race are just kidding themselves", wishful thinking that's all. The reality is that it is a two horse race, like it or not. I'm not necessarily saying that is a good thing but it is the reality of it, the only thing you are going to get if you vote for the liberals is more of flash gordon, and that is a fact.

John B.

On 6 May 2010 14:56, brendan ross <[hidden email]> wrote:
that bigoted woman comment was the last straw  for me , all of the labour cabinet disgust me and i'm could be a labour voter (voting should be private)

i feel that milliband should never be leader nor any of th cabinet , the leader should come from the back benches , a person like frank field would make me vote.

Re: Voting today....

john barrett
There not the same. labour supporters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFdXiS-wdM

Re: Voting today....

john barrett
Geoff,

To say labour and conservatives are the same just shows that you don't know what you are talking about. You are just copying what all the uninformed idiots say to cover up the fact that they don't understand what is going on. they couldn't be more different.

John B.

On 6 May 2010 15:10, john barrett <[hidden email]> wrote:
There not the same. labour supporters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFdXiS-wdM

Re: Voting today....

Why can't we have a 'none of the above' option on the card. I know a country without some sort of leadership maybe heading towards anarchy, but as Greece has proved anarchy can happen even with a government :-)

If we can stop simon cowell from getting the xmas No 1, then maybe we could have all shown a vote of no confidence, and stopped someone from getting to No 10

I don't believe governments cause chaos, they do help, but I don't believe the financial storm which occurred was the fault of labour, lets face it other countries also had the problem, without labour. The only thing that annoys me is the sheer waste of money.

£12 billion or so on some IT system for the NHS (Can I please see the quote for this amount of money, in fact how do you quote for this :-)), and then I read this:

1. Durham council spent...wait for it .. £711 on domain name registration
2. Knowsley Council spent ..deep breath £225K on website redesign
3. Norfolk £94K on schools website
4. North Yorkshire County Council spent over 6 figures on a CMS

On average 12x the amount spent by small companies was spent by councils. This does NOT include any cost for in house IT

IN all £19.1 million on web services last year £16 odd million.

Full report http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/26/web_gravy_train/

I am sure a few companies/startups on this list would like to get their hands on some of those councils, or should I say their money.

Surely there has got to be a better way than the secretive tender system, which favours friends of friends, and ensures only those with a turnover of x million can actually pitch for business with councils...

Sad thing is, if Labour win, they will keep doing the same, if Tories win, they will achieve nothing in their first term, since they will 'need time to clear up the labour mess' before they can move forward, and if no one wins, everyone will blame each other for not doing anything....but then again, isn't this what we call politics :-)

Iqbal

Re: Voting today....

Geoff Wright
John,

You haven't read what I said. I didn't say they stand for the same things, I said they're all cheating lying scumbags - thats why they're all the same.

Anyway, stepping out of this discussion.

Thanks,

Geoff

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:16 PM, iqbalgandham <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Look, you can knock the tories, of course you can. They are not perfect, running the country is a hard task and no one is ever going to get it all right. But not wasting billions and fighting for our rights instead of trying to create a false sense of fear in order to take them away and gain more power is definatly not the way to go.

John B.

Re: Voting today....

Rayyan Sameer
They promise to build the bridge on the river. Where there is no river.

Send from IPad

Rayyan Sameer

V: +44 (0) 79 55 88 9098
V: +1  (650) 898-7429