Should we store all the Q&A's + content we talk about?

Should we store all the Q&A's + content we talk about?

Geoff Wright
Hey all,

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, or if anyone can be bothered - but I think its a good idea.

Phillip mentioned a similar concept in a previous mail, where he's collated a list of the best places to find icons, as suggested by this list (http://snagsta.com/people/phillip-hofmeyr/lists/where-to-find-website-icons5264)

I read most mails that come through this list, and I've seen an outrageous amount of invaluable content recommended: videos, podcasts, angel investor networks, funds, events, blogs, sites etc.

So, the question I ask is, do we think it might be a good idea to collate all this in some sort of searchable area? Might not be a wiki, but I'm going to have a look anyway.

It'd have to be a crowd sourced [buzz buzz] effort.

Geoff

Re: Should we store all the Q&A's + content we talk about?

Karlheinz Toni-2
Hi Geoff,

if you want, we can just register a new e-mail to the group (nothing would have to change) and subjects, bodies, etc. are automatically extracted and put in a forum in a searchable way, etc.

Bests,
Charly
--
Karlheinz Toni
CEO Piins Ltd.

m: +44 (0) 7767 803 083
e: [hidden email]
w: http://www.piins.com

We're now in public beta! Join the new Web on http://piin.it.

2009/4/28 Geoff Wright <[hidden email]>
[...]

Meriem
Hi Geoff,

Great idea! With this in mind, we introduced a wiki sections on Smarta.com under each of our 'bitesize' advice guides and have started populating them with all the great tips being shared on this forum and others. Our aim is to build a comprehensive, mostly user-generated resource which supplements the editorial advice & video entrepreneurs interviews.

The other feature we've introduced is a Q&A section - same principle as this meetup forum but not as advanced in terms of functionality just yet - this is definitely something we will be developing in the next few months. We've also partnered with a legal firm to provide free legal advice as part of this Q&A.

It's early days (we're 3 months old today) and we're still improving the depth and quality of the content, as well as the functionality of the site. We would really welcome your feedback in terms of how we can make the platform as useful as possible to you in the context of this conversation. So if you have any thoughts on this, we'd love to hear them.

Lastly and on a different note, we've got a few startups contributing 'video diaries' (the idea is to share your experiences of the week with other startups). So if anyone is interested in taking part, please get in touch. A good example video from CityAmigo here: http://www.smarta.com/inspiration/video-diaries (the rest can be found here: http://www.smarta.com/inspiration/video-diaries).

Cheers,
Meriem
[...]

Karlheinz,

How easy would that be to do?! That sorta sounds like the best idea today!

Thanks,

Geoff

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Karlheinz Toni <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Zebedee-2

Geoff I  think it is an excellent idea to collate the invaluable information that comes through this forum – so that it is searchable at a later date – often content does not appear relevant at the time, but later such nuggets of wisdom can make the difference between success and failure.

The Spring Consultancy

Growing your Business
T: +44 (0)78940 33677
http://www.thespringconsultancy.co.uk

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way, and notify me immediately. The contents of this message may contain personal views that are not the views of The Spring Consultancy, unless specifically stated.