Quantcast

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Product Development & Management Tools

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Product Development & Management Tools

Lawrence Bassey-Oden
Wow Pivotal looks really good!
Very Impressed.
+ its free..

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Product Development & Management Tools

Santosh Panda
@Chen @ iqbal @Willem Pivotal, Assembla are all fine. What I am looking for a Product Management Software which covers wider aspects such as
Idea Generation
MRD (marketing point of view)
PRD (software product dev) ==> [Assembla, Pivotal........fine]
Strategy Implementation & Measurement
Feedback

/Santosh

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Lawrence Bassey-Oden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wow Pivotal looks really good!
Very Impressed.
+ its free..

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Product Development & Management Tools

Antony Penn
I thought idea generation was your job of your own brain....??

On 10 May 2010 10:59, Santosh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> @Chen @ iqbal @Willem Pivotal, Assembla are all fine. What I am looking for
> a Product Management Software which covers wider aspects such as
> Idea Generation
> MRD (marketing point of view)
> PRD (software product dev) ==> [Assembla, Pivotal........fine]
> Strategy Implementation & Measurement
> Feedback
>
> /Santosh
>

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Lawrence Bassey-Oden <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Wow Pivotal looks really good!
>> Very Impressed.
>> + its free..
>>

>> --
>> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>>
>> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
>> [hidden email]
>

> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Product Development & Management Tools

Santosh Panda
@antony
yes, but you will need to make it collaborative, let idea pass through funnel, do focus group study .... then pass it on through the Marketing folks and product manager before we push it for 'dev'.

There are many software project management tools out there, also collaborative software but is there something which does all aspect of Product management out of the box?

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Antony Penn <[hidden email]> wrote:
I thought idea generation was your job of your own brain....??

On 10 May 2010 10:59, Santosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> @Chen @ iqbal @Willem Pivotal, Assembla are all fine. What I am looking for
> a Product Management Software which covers wider aspects such as
> Idea Generation
> MRD (marketing point of view)
> PRD (software product dev) ==> [Assembla, Pivotal........fine]
> Strategy Implementation & Measurement
> Feedback
>
> /Santosh
>

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Lawrence Bassey-Oden <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Wow Pivotal looks really good!
>> Very Impressed.
>> + its free..
>>

>> --
>> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>>
>> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
>> [hidden email]
>

> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |

Santosh Panda
CEO & Chief Software Architect
Signure Technologies
www.Signure.com

Twitter : http://twitter.com/santoshpanda
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/santoshpanda
Blog : http://www.santoshpanda.com

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Product Development & Management Tools

Chen Wang-2
Some mind-mapping software may help on idea generation but I'm not a
believer when it comes to startup ideas ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mind_mapping_software

Chen

On 10 May 2010 11:07, Santosh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> @antony
> yes, but you will need to make it collaborative, let idea pass through
> funnel, do focus group study .... then pass it on through the Marketing
> folks and product manager before we push it for 'dev'.
>
> There are many software project management tools out there, also
> collaborative software but is there something which does all aspect of
> Product management out of the box?
>
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Antony Penn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I thought idea generation was your job of your own brain....??
>>

>> On 10 May 2010 10:59, Santosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > @Chen @ iqbal @Willem Pivotal, Assembla are all fine. What I am looking
>> > for
>> > a Product Management Software which covers wider aspects such as
>> > Idea Generation
>> > MRD (marketing point of view)
>> > PRD (software product dev) ==> [Assembla, Pivotal........fine]
>> > Strategy Implementation & Measurement
>> > Feedback
>> >
>> > /Santosh
>> >

>> > On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Lawrence Bassey-Oden
>> > <[hidden email]>

>> > --
>> > Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone
>> > on
>> >
>> > Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
>> > [hidden email]
>>

>> --
>> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
>> [hidden email]
>>

> --
> Santosh Panda
> CEO & Chief Software Architect
> Signure Technologies
> www.Signure.com
>
> Twitter : http://twitter.com/santoshpanda
> LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/santoshpanda
> Blog : http://www.santoshpanda.com
>

> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Product Development & Management Tools

You can use any of these tools to do all of what you need.

Idea generation can be done on a whiteboard, you can capture this in the 'ice bucket' in pivotal, and then have marketing approve it, or product teams, before you throw to tech teams. These tools are not optimied for all these conditions, but you need to work out the flow first, and then work out howto capture the info, in a flexible enough way that it does not take more time to capture/edit than it does to think of it (or at least not lots more time), which is why people use post-it notes.

Mindmapping, and then exporting to a list and creating stories and then into pivotal works. However from experience "what usually works, is what works", this may sound dumb, but it all depends on who is using it. Some people just like pen a paper

I.