Quantcast

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

Ian Broom
Hi Everyone,

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone to Launch48.  Sorry I missed the earlier discussion.

I have been speaking with Adil and we have a group of great mentors that we should be announcing later this week - some fantastic people who will be joining us at Launch48 who don't attend other web or business events, so we are really looking forward to introducing them to the community.

If you haven't booked your ticket yet, don't forget to via http://london.launch48.com as they are selling fast.

Regards,

Ian Broom
Co-founder

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

Alice
I've been onto the Launch48 site and noticed this particular recommendation;

We strongly encourage participants to start interacting on the
Launch48 Network and utilise it in the following ways....
(http://network.launch48.com/).

Unfortunately, no one seems to have set up any brainstorming groups
for the 2010 London event yet.

Does this mean that idea generation will be done "on-the-fly" on Friday?

Maybe that's an idea in itself "WWW.ONTHEFLYFRIDAY.COM" which would be
sort of a lastminute.com for all the what to do after a week of work
(clubs+bars to go to, special restaurant offerings, cinema tickets
etc.).

Ha ha, I like that: ONTHEFLYFRIDAY.......

I think I'll be pitching something like "WWW.HOW2KIDS.COM" which will
be an exchange for kids and their parents to swap knowhow in exchange
for credits / rewards. So, for example:

* kid offers to teach adults how to configure their gizmos (iPads) in
exchange for micro-payment.

* adults get resources on how to do successful "Take your kids to
work" day / help with kids homework / know where to take them kayaking
/ benefit from children-specific online offers (like % off
schoolbooks)

* both kids + adults get professional tips and tricks on how to deal
with and support each other.

An online service for kids and parents that's unlike Mumsnet and where
Dads also contribute and feel @home.

On 5/31/10, Ian Broom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am really looking forward to seeing everyone to Launch48.  Sorry I missed
> the earlier discussion.
>
> I have been speaking with Adil and we have a group of great mentors that we
> should be announcing later this week - some fantastic people who will be
> joining us at Launch48 who don't attend other web or business events, so we
> are really looking forward to introducing them to the community.
>
> If you haven't booked your ticket yet, don't forget to via
> http://london.launch48.com as they are selling fast.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Broom
> Co-founder
> www.launch48.com

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

Glenn Shoosmith
funny that you mention that..

I was thinking about proposing an idea about revolutionising the voiceover market. I'm actually meeting a friend who is a voiceover artist later to get their opinion.

I very much like that idea of doing it for Launch48 - as I have no time to really do anything else myself long term - some booking system called BookingBug, maybe you've heard of it - takes up pretty much more hours than I have in the day anyway ;-)

..but I can get some other people excited and they want to build it over Launch48 - then maybe someone else wants to run it - I'm fine with that

Glenn

On 2 June 2010 13:15, Twain <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've been onto the Launch48 site and noticed this particular recommendation;

We strongly encourage participants to start interacting on the
Launch48 Network and utilise it in the following ways....
(http://network.launch48.com/).

Unfortunately, no one seems to have set up any brainstorming groups
for the 2010 London event yet.

Does this mean that idea generation will be done "on-the-fly" on Friday?

Maybe that's an idea in itself "WWW.ONTHEFLYFRIDAY.COM" which would be
sort of a lastminute.com for all the what to do after a week of work
(clubs+bars to go to, special restaurant offerings, cinema tickets
etc.).

Ha ha, I like that: ONTHEFLYFRIDAY.......

I think I'll be pitching something like "WWW.HOW2KIDS.COM" which will
be an exchange for kids and their parents to swap knowhow in exchange
for credits / rewards. So, for example:

* kid offers to teach adults how to configure their gizmos (iPads) in
exchange for micro-payment.

* adults get resources on how to do successful "Take your kids to
work" day / help with kids homework / know where to take them kayaking
/ benefit from children-specific online offers (like % off
schoolbooks)

* both kids + adults get professional tips and tricks on how to deal
with and support each other.

An online service for kids and parents that's unlike Mumsnet and where
Dads also contribute and feel @home.

On 5/31/10, Ian Broom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am really looking forward to seeing everyone to Launch48.  Sorry I missed
> the earlier discussion.
>
> I have been speaking with Adil and we have a group of great mentors that we
> should be announcing later this week - some fantastic people who will be
> joining us at Launch48 who don't attend other web or business events, so we
> are really looking forward to introducing them to the community.
>
> If you haven't booked your ticket yet, don't forget to via
> http://london.launch48.com as they are selling fast.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Broom
> Co-founder
> www.launch48.com

www.bookingbug.com
The complete booking
& reservation system!

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

Geoff Wright-2
If anyone needs any more ideas, I've got plenty...! And, not enough time...

Geoff

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Glenn Shoosmith <[hidden email]> wrote:
funny that you mention that..

I was thinking about proposing an idea about revolutionising the voiceover market. I'm actually meeting a friend who is a voiceover artist later to get their opinion.

I very much like that idea of doing it for Launch48 - as I have no time to really do anything else myself long term - some booking system called BookingBug, maybe you've heard of it - takes up pretty much more hours than I have in the day anyway ;-)

..but I can get some other people excited and they want to build it over Launch48 - then maybe someone else wants to run it - I'm fine with that

Glenn

On 2 June 2010 13:15, Twain <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've been onto the Launch48 site and noticed this particular recommendation;

We strongly encourage participants to start interacting on the
Launch48 Network and utilise it in the following ways....
(http://network.launch48.com/).

Unfortunately, no one seems to have set up any brainstorming groups
for the 2010 London event yet.

Does this mean that idea generation will be done "on-the-fly" on Friday?

Maybe that's an idea in itself "WWW.ONTHEFLYFRIDAY.COM" which would be
sort of a lastminute.com for all the what to do after a week of work
(clubs+bars to go to, special restaurant offerings, cinema tickets
etc.).

Ha ha, I like that: ONTHEFLYFRIDAY.......

I think I'll be pitching something like "WWW.HOW2KIDS.COM" which will
be an exchange for kids and their parents to swap knowhow in exchange
for credits / rewards. So, for example:

* kid offers to teach adults how to configure their gizmos (iPads) in
exchange for micro-payment.

* adults get resources on how to do successful "Take your kids to
work" day / help with kids homework / know where to take them kayaking
/ benefit from children-specific online offers (like % off
schoolbooks)

* both kids + adults get professional tips and tricks on how to deal
with and support each other.

An online service for kids and parents that's unlike Mumsnet and where
Dads also contribute and feel @home.

On 5/31/10, Ian Broom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am really looking forward to seeing everyone to Launch48.  Sorry I missed
> the earlier discussion.
>
> I have been speaking with Adil and we have a group of great mentors that we
> should be announcing later this week - some fantastic people who will be
> joining us at Launch48 who don't attend other web or business events, so we
> are really looking forward to introducing them to the community.
>
> If you haven't booked your ticket yet, don't forget to via
> http://london.launch48.com as they are selling fast.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Broom
> Co-founder
> www.launch48.com

www.bookingbug.com
The complete booking
& reservation system!

BR,

Geoff Wright

Affililabs LTD
[hidden email]
t: +44 (0) 7702 405 730
Skype: geoffw8
http://www.affililabs.com

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

Adil Mohammed
Hello everybody,

We will be opening pitch registrations for the Launch48 weekend later today. If you are interested in pitching your idea at the event, please make sure you register for it. Details will go out via email to all participants and also via a blog post.

48 hours to go for the event, make sure you register for the event here - https://www.amiando.com/launch48_london

We have also announced out final mentors and speakers list - http://london.launch48.com/mentors-speakers/

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!

Regards

Adil
Co-founder, Launch48

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Geoff Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

/ benefit from children-specific online offers (like % off
schoolbooks)

* both kids + adults get professional tips and tricks on how to deal
with and support each other.

An online service for kids and parents that's unlike Mumsnet and where
Dads also contribute and feel @home.

On 5/31/10, Ian Broom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am really looking forward to seeing everyone to Launch48.  Sorry I missed
> the earlier discussion.
>
> I have been speaking with Adil and we have a group of great mentors that we
> should be announcing later this week - some fantastic people who will be
> joining us at Launch48 who don't attend other web or business events, so we
> are really looking forward to introducing them to the community.
>
> If you haven't booked your ticket yet, don't forget to via

www.bookingbug.com
The complete booking
& reservation system!

BR,

Geoff Wright

Affililabs LTD
[hidden email]
t: +44 (0) 7702 405 730
Skype: geoffw8
http://www.affililabs.com

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

Alice
Ok so BookingBug is in the same space as this: https://www.libersy.com/

Although I'm suggesting those two ideas I'm au fait about others
implementing ONTHEFLYFRIDAY and the kids-parents swaps forum.

I'm actually working on solutions to replace 5-star and various
recommendation and sentiment systems --- mostly because they're not
very smart or sufficiently granular.

A friend in NYC also suggests that I should set-up a concierge service
which handholds people through gizmo purchases and configurations
(since I did this with her for the iPad).

I think providing smarter alternatives to 5-stars and other
recommendation/sentiment systems is more interesting, though. It also
has a wider and direct implication for search generally, so that's
even more compelling than providing tech concierge services.

On 6/2/10, Glenn Shoosmith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > joining us at Launch48 who don't attend other web or business events, so
>> we
>> > are really looking forward to introducing them to the community.
>> >
>> > If you haven't booked your ticket yet, don't forget to via
>> > http://london.launch48.com as they are selling fast.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Ian Broom
>> > Co-founder
>> > www.launch48.com
>> >

>> --
>> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
>> [hidden email]
>>

> --
> www.bookingbug.com
> The complete booking
> & reservation system!

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

Pitch registration now open - http://london.launch48.com/pitch-registration-is-open/

Cheers

Adil

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Twain <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> > joining us at Launch48 who don't attend other web or business events, so
>> we
>> > are really looking forward to introducing them to the community.
>> >
>> > If you haven't booked your ticket yet, don't forget to via
>> > http://london.launch48.com as they are selling fast.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Ian Broom
>> > Co-founder
>> > www.launch48.com
>> >

>> --
>> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
>> [hidden email]
>>

> --
> www.bookingbug.com
> The complete booking
> & reservation system!

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

Quick question: Are people bringing their laptops or will there be
machines there for the teams to use?

Thanks.

On 6/2/10, Adil Mohammed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pitch registration now open -
> http://london.launch48.com/pitch-registration-is-open/
>
> Cheers
>
> Adil
>

> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Twain <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ok so BookingBug is in the same space as this: https://www.libersy.com/
>>
>> Although I'm suggesting those two ideas I'm au fait about others
>> implementing ONTHEFLYFRIDAY and the kids-parents swaps forum.
>>
>> I'm actually working on solutions to replace 5-star and various
>> recommendation and sentiment systems --- mostly because they're not
>> very smart or sufficiently granular.
>>
>> A friend in NYC also suggests that I should set-up a concierge service
>> which handholds people through gizmo purchases and configurations
>> (since I did this with her for the iPad).
>>
>> I think providing smarter alternatives to 5-stars and other
>> recommendation/sentiment systems is more interesting, though. It also
>> has a wider and direct implication for search generally, so that's
>> even more compelling than providing tech concierge services.
>>

>> On 6/2/10, Glenn Shoosmith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > funny that you mention that..
>> >
>> > I was thinking about proposing an idea about revolutionising the
>> voiceover
>> > market. I'm actually meeting a friend who is a voiceover artist later to
>> get
>> > their opinion.
>> >
>> > I very much like that idea of doing it for Launch48 - as I have no time
>> > really do anything else myself long term - some booking system called
>> > BookingBug, maybe you've heard of it - takes up pretty much more hours
>> than
>> > I have in the day anyway ;-)
>> >
>> > ..but I can get some other people excited and they want to build it over
>> > Launch48 - then maybe someone else wants to run it - I'm fine with that
>> >
>> > Glenn

>> that
>> be
>> so

>> on
>> >>

>> > --
>> > www.bookingbug.com
>> > The complete booking
>> > & reservation system!
>> >

>> --
>> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
>> [hidden email]

Re: Re: [entrepreneur-1056] Launch48 Conference & Weekend - June 4th to 6th

I would bring your own

I.