Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] I'm using @imaginecurve!

andrew davey-2
I have got my Curve card about a month back and since have used just once to try it out. At least at outlets where Android Pay can be used at PoS, it doesn't make sense. If I am going to use my phone to switch cards, I would rather make payment with it. Android Pay let's you use AMEX as well. At other places, I do see the value of having it.

Also, I travel a lot and I would rather be traveling with this card one card than the whole bunch, and  which I can block from my phone immediately when lost.

There is some value in Curve but I would say it's diminishing fast and use cases are very limited.

On 16 Nov 2017 13:28, "Steve Karmeinsky" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 16 Nov 2017, at 13:22, Dan Holloway <[hidden email]> wrote:

It also comes down to who their target market is… If they are targeting a niche of individuals who don't like Paypal, do most transactions online, but would love to have just one card for when needed… Also, individuals who will trust the security controls put in-place to safeguard their financial data… If that is the target market, then marketing to anyone else is a waste of time. It will just be noise and a waste of focus. The next question will be how big that niche market is. If it is large enough, from there they can explore their reason for creating the product (their Why), their method for tackling the market (their How) and refine their product to solve the problem (their What). One could argue that the USP is one of the last steps in their journey. They may get some innovators or early adopters in the diffusion model, but without the Why and the How, it will be a struggle to scale.

When they launched their main USP was that they offered AMEX as one of the supported cart types (as well as M/C and Visa) which made it a very attractive proposition, since AMEX generally had better points schemes, but were accepted in less places. Curve allowed you to use their card (M/C) and still get charged on to AMEX and their points.

Unfortunately quite soon after launch they AMEX cut them off. I think they’re still in negotiation to get them back on, but who knows. I only posted to the list as they’d stopped taking new customers and only recently started again, and going through an existing user, got you on to the priority list rather than going through the normal application route.

Steve

— NetTek Ltd UK mob <a href="tel:+44%207775%20755503" value="+447775755503" target="_blank">+44 7775 755503 UK <a href="tel:+44%2020%203432%203735" value="+442034323735" target="_blank">+44 20 3432 3735 / US <a href="tel:+1%20650-423-1390" value="+16504231390" target="_blank">+1 (650) 423 1390 / Fax <a href="tel:+44%2020%207483%202455" value="+442074832455" target="_blank">+44 20 7483 2455 social id stevekennedyuk Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com

— Please Note: If you hit “REPLY”, your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([hidden email]) https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/ This message was sent by Meetup on behalf of Steve Karmeinsky (https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/members/8276455/) from London OpenCoffee Meetup. Set my mailing list to email me

As they are sent https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=1

In one daily email https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=2