Re: Help with database

Simone-4
For the wordpress experts:

I would like to have your advise on the following:

I have a google-docs document with a large database of people under name, company, function. I want to publish this in my wordpress blog, for everybody to see in a very simple manner and then be able to change and update it in the admin of the wordpress. So no double databases, in excell etc. and then transferring it back and forth to wordpress. Is there a database plugin for this, or something else?

Looking forward to hearing from the expert!

kind regards,

Op 29-apr-2009, om 17:26 heeft Antony Penn het volgende geschreven:

They are all pretty much as bad as each other. Go for one that you can easily get to from your normal place of work, and hope any nice small business manager you might find doesn't move!!

I know HSBC and some others will give you a year's free banking, but check the charges after this.

On 29/04/2009, Stony Grunow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello All

I'm setting up a business bank account for my company, and I haven't heard great things about banks and their treatment (or lack of) business account customers.

Do people have any suggestions? Also, should my choice be between companies (i.e. HSBC vs. Abbey) or based on other factors, like number of branches, or proximity to my house / office, or does it just come down to getting a good bank manager and hoping he doesn't move branches / jobs?

If this makes a difference, bank loans are not going to be needed in the near future (though an overdraft never hurts), and our weekly transactions are expected to be low, as we are an IT consulting company.

Many thanks

stony
citrusconsultants.com

Re: Help with database

Ian Applegate
yes I know a great plugin for this -
http://tobias.baethge.com/wordpress-plugins/wp-table-reloaded-english/

--
Ian

Follow Me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ianapplegate
www.ianapplegate.co.uk
www.radapple.co.uk
www.linkedin.com/in/ianapplegate
On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Simone <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Rob Morris

Hi Simone,

You probably don’t need a wordpress expert – there’s an easier way! The easiest way is just sharing the Google doc with the public, and giving them read-only access. Then link to it from your blog (Sometimes it’s best to keep it simple!)

If you are really set on publish it to your blog, the easiest way to do it is actually from Google Docs, who provide a mechanism to publish documents directly to major blogs. To do this:

1.       Go to your docs list page

2.       Click settings (top right corner)

3.       Go to the Blog Settings section

4.       Select Edit Info

5.       Enter your details

For more info about publishing your Google docs, go here: http://docs.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=15131

Silicon-Spider-Logo_Small.jpg

Rob Morris
Managing Director

+44 20 3287 9297

siliconspider.com

Re: Help with database

Rene Millman
Personally, if I was on that database I'm not entirely sure I'd want world+dog to see those details. Are you sure this is a good idea?

Rene

Find out the latest games and gadgets news and review. Visit http://www.absolutegadget.com/

Bookmark our RSS feed - http://www.absolutegadget.com/index2.php?option=com_ds-syndicate&version=1&feed_id=1

Follow us on Twiiter - http://twitter.com/absolutegadget

2009/4/29 Simone <[hidden email]>
[...]

Rene, all others who are already helpful

It's now already published, but in this way, I cannot change it in wordpress admin. It's via  google.doc into html code etc., too complicated to share with all my
editors.

The best would be to make it searchable.. But that's maybe step 2..

kind regards,

Op 29-apr-2009, om 18:32 heeft Rene Millman het volgende geschreven: