[LondonOpenCoffee] WhoIS

Zulfiqar Deo (Meetup)
Good morning everyone

I have often used the WhoIS search to check ownership of domain names.

Today Sedo Parking suggests this will no longer be available following GDPR.

That makes for an interesting situation, when people try and nick domain names.

Thoughts?

Laurence Lowne
Combyne Group
www.combyne.tel

RE: [LondonOpenCoffee] WhoIS

Zulfiqar Deo (Meetup)

Morning,

Not an expert myself but apart from .uk domains, other domains I use have had a “hidden ownership/WhoIS” option for as long as I can remember. Not sure what you mean by nicking a domain in this case but I can’t see the problem. Although it is hidden, the provider still has all the necessary owner’s data.

BTW some providers charge for that service.

Cheers,

David