Quantcast

[LondonOpenCoffee] What to do with our side project ? To-do list app

[LondonOpenCoffee] What to do with our side project ? To-do list app

mike watson-3
Dear LOC members,

I am seeking ideas/advice on what to do with an android app that a friend of mine and I built a while ago for our own use and then never got around to promote/market it. Its got 100 odd happy users that are using it.

The app was designed for users who just struggle to keep/use a Task\To-do list app. There's a lot of friction in using feature rich Task/Todo apps like Anydo etc., in my opinion, for a lot of us who a) start using a task app but then slowly drop out b) are happy to go along paper/pen alternative, rather than use an app/sw tool.

With that in mind, we built the app so that you can keep/manage your tasks/lists without unlocking the phone - bringing all key task management features right on top of lock screen. So you don't have to have one more app in your phone.

You can download it here (android only) and would love to hear what you guys think can be done with it.

All ideas are welcome preferably ones that require low effort. Even open to anyone who likes this domain and interested in working with us part time to see where we can take it (preferably marketing guy or a developer).

Thanks
Amit

Twitter:amitsiwal

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] What to do with our side project ? To-do list app

mike watson-3
Hi Amit

It sounds like a little business analysis would help you decide where best to put your effort/money and move forward. A health chech of where your product is and where you want to go with it.

For example if you don't have time, do you have money to put into marketing and advertising? What are the features that you have that your competition does not?

Could you find out from your users what they like most about the app and build on that? They would help by indicate where the marketing effort should go. They can also point to which product features you can introduce/build on.

Take a look at your competition, what is working for them? Can it work for you?

Hope that has been useful.

Kind regards
Tony

Apex Alpha Ltd