[LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2
Hey guys,

We are planning for a crowdfunding round. We are talking to both Seedrs and Crowdcube. I am just wondering whether some of you have some experience yourself and can share?

photo
Josh Liu
Entrepreneur #Hardware #SmartTransport #SocialEnterprise #LeanStartupsHonor Cycles/ Koobe Global

RE: [LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2

Both are good but have you also talked to Syndicate Room? Am happy to intro you to the management team if you send me an email to simon at zoomlabs dot com

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2
Thanks Simon, how’s syndicate room different from them? Pros and cons?

Thanks

Josh

Josh on the move. Excuse my typo

Both are good but have you also talked to Syndicate Room? Am happy to intro you to the management team if you send me an email to simon at zoomlabs dot com

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2
Depends on your business and intended audience and your objectives Seedrs: B2B institutional
Crowdcube: B2C retail

On May 9, 2018, at 9:40 AM, Josh Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey guys,

We are planning for a crowdfunding round. We are talking to both Seedrs and Crowdcube. I am just wondering whether some of you have some experience yourself and can share?

photo
Josh Liu
Entrepreneur #Hardware #SmartTransport #SocialEnterprise #LeanStartupsHonor Cycles/ Koobe Global

RE: [LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2

Hi Josh,

I work with Crowdcube and similar, what help would you like?

Rgs,

Mike

07795 16 64 46

RE: [LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2

Hi, They use a lead investor model which is unique – also have about half the number of campaigns running as the others which might give you more prominence…

Both are good but have you also talked to Syndicate Room? Am happy to intro you to the management team if you send me an email to simon at zoomlabs dot com

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2
I think t's important to bear in mind what - if anything - each of the platforms does to help promote your raise (and aligning that with your needs)

SR - have often done little in projects I am aware of to actively push and promote projects. This is arguably aligned with their investor audience
Crowdcube: No direct experience but have often been sinificantly more visible to me - again, perhaps aligned with their stronger B2C / casual investor audience
Seedrs: In my experience something of a middle ground thought basedon projects I have seen go through them they *tend* to leave it to the project owners to promote a lot still

Depending on your likely source of funds, and the proportion you may have lined up already via F&F network or other sources, then you may want to consider the extent to which each platform will actively promote your own project and make sure that aigns with the extent to which you might need their help.

Happy to chat more if you would like (richard at stretchdigital dot com)

On 9 May 2018 at 11:43, Simon Bone <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, They use a lead investor model which is unique – also have about half the number of campaigns running as the others which might give you more prominence…

Both are good but have you also talked to Syndicate Room? Am happy to intro you to the management team if you send me an email to simon at zoomlabs dot com

RE: [LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2

SR - have often done little in projects I am aware of to actively push and promote projects”

I think that’s a little unfair – they run regular investor events where campaigns can pitch – last one was at the Barbican – the free bad did run out a bit soon though (!)

Others do so some marketing (newspaper, tube escalator panels, but they will cherry pick the campaigns they want to promote)

All platforms are generally good and better than spending 500k+ on an AIM listing – one problem is they all rely on constantly running campaigns for income so don’t get persuaded to run yours in July/August or December/January as traditionally investors have other things on their minds…

Both are good but have you also talked to Syndicate Room? Am happy to intro you to the management team if you send me an email to simon at zoomlabs dot com

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2
Opinion shared of any of the platforms is of mine and close networks' direct experience, so I don't think anyone can tell me any of it's "unfair".

None of the platforms are answers in their own right to your funding though - you can expect to work quite hard to get and maintain momentum during your fundraising campaign.

I just got spammed with an invite to this that may be relevant and helpful - I have no commercial interest of any sort in sharing but thought it might be useful if you hadn't seen it already

On 9 May 2018 at 12:04, Simon Bone <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I've paid for and helped manage about 9 campaigns, and invested in about double that number - so I've got a fairly good understanding of the landscape.

SR tends to be more angel-orientated. They can handle businesses with less obvious public appeal. They can do a lot of their own promotions, but it's often worth doing this externally (FYI I've introduced various people to the firm).

I recently ran a data analysis of Crowdcube and seedrs, and they were pretty much neck and neck on campaign types. They typically benefit from an external agency for PR and promotions (I pay for this, and can arrange it).

If anyone wants advice, funding promotions and general support, please let me know. Andrew dot Lockley at Gmail dot com

Thanks

Andrew Lockley

On Thu, 10 May 2018, 09:03 Richard, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This message was sent by Meetup on behalf of Simon Bone from London OpenCoffee Meetup.
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | <a href="https://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=pEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTt6eARwsW6FpLo-2FVDoCXxpa-2FZ8voU5V4txYS1iYFrEaQmWxLz71WjU6TQ0R7eMiPG8GnoC6I7vK0QQp7ajpmFyRfWfeBeQYVhop-2FhzDSKj2D4QD-2FcrLIVWytGWDdg-2F-2BZ7-2BtGRQoU4v1kz-2FPvCW8u-2BXhs0sGGWoR3uOYmVnF63arCN4MDh9CeM0BI0EOhsf0czV3GXIDNjtx09-2BHHghxu-2FYV9q-2FMbipy3jqrnZKldvg9nmw1Ayx8-2F06ujtktzgMF2wNI3uqGDyAHQV5E1uPnx3rLeeuGIXaPvBuK-2BrnRQtMqrwBT1GG5EI013IQqwR0u-2FKYiS7VV8w624T3F6Di5xsYrzaZi-2FxJNGz7sov24iKdSxC1O2V-2B-2B5SH2fAMi6U-2BKq44nFHvGcCYuFYCGCV12g30bzW-2BMOcHfWo1Wr5V86ybL2YnGTsxVGvMJeLUzMygGPf4hbHX6q6-2B2RTlMFbtrw9hrGBOLYLn08inAoMCFtLhtfaxLPOLQ6OWMG-2FoP7Dn-2BX-2FUHQIy-2Fuw0YXzKQyWkPomn2poRhf3GwHSt4T-2FxX8JaH-2F3z-2F3mndgi4y80ZZ3t0hYEuK0rZ0FmDW7FXry8eTq-2FZM4vIkq1uyJMJXZf-2FAdOUPU0pePt5-2BXrRShuqnWbwL2jpsyREhkc5wWG-2FQAYLRI8MvgA95O0faIo5KcZlY3eQnDp-2Bon1T-2Fkbs3AJGf9bY63kx1HJ722rG8x0EsJEJ0a4pqULyt8dribcteCONzlbzcExfwz-2FTo30ig7mO58AqrA7OjhlQLkGH0v-2FMfIdVEYF0yLWzswRFCDODNxMKEzZiuDJy4grAl8uimhQPWk5AvwFWCBqhWL2zziC-2B9tNJlRgqVNL37HcY-2FWi0xWMoLQJ-2B6mg8X5atL-2BRsc0bZqt6tyt-2B4261DJ14hTNt-2BINowDZp-2B065kKPus-2F7SEEs13YrZldXck4h8Bid7wQ2bw-2FDh1ZAso6QDieEuvZudLQKdLCzB8aOQo0HMI-2Bl5CukLJATfXcUyG5j1WGBs8d0KdtdH2kBgHO40truavAbU6G3EzLwZ913-2Bzzy08Q6HZEHnbrgM-2F2O70kLtYwmdZ1jSYcUp8TOMj4GHYUpnGBQ68g6BP7hn62jOwJ4slQuhAHxTNMBiMocahHlilfezIPaFnbIp9Y3nG6yTyAlo2As04PzeoXnu-2F61E8qsLThAVe0oQrN-2F3mjz89qnBnkWA14j1beNFKI7uoNJA7Mt4EwORqiHeLDnJVWk2Nx2XEirBGGmGHtVlOobD44v3o7kuCp7ICTaaXciIS4VDV0wo7UrcET-2B3cyr30Vbs6ygesFmoez8Yi50BrYySpbgDIkmMR13OdzQFS6XbNgG0Q9gP-2F6apU76RboeAUWwcs58Q6UuiIF-2FR97J5yRBkr5rs469msLIUylDAJOjVTw72YAY9IXOu-2Bf7hRLV5TQMNG9tNMJfrQ0GBW2xZErAAtOhwRBdtWeF6NYLj84vTreRgGLzl3eSNUew3J62oN0JaqHyblBKVGMLHuZ6-2BqjNq-2Brlz2dNGE82EUUZUsLgSuNL6YrDCVobeEMy94ltu1qTcVmyfVESGPu19FoZca5xxOTDG3OHALRk5WPLpfiyC4drprEwtXHEEXEBDCEs4DfTQhRfvQmCPVnYB3N4CAlOY-2BNV75MB0cTKRQDtE1wGbWBl9p0s5Py09hrkdS61-2By0SsPgl-2B52HCuA7TZO-2F3Wv5NJTRNWyp9OGLf7KPacKSMl-2BK-2FQi9CEpnyvnB6G5qkoJtYf8rJb2Y-2BAPi051ECvihJh3ILR6iFjaJ7Am-2B1isa4UeqsKfkIwsn1brKpkAQJuXSj9Tgy3OyU5I14qQytVh6Ql-2FW97m0qhOkWyaIQS4uDJx622219ss-2BSXUgcVTyrxsIYEjV7AXzJhqCbD4JUSCbuQv8uGVhzOBgnxtTvxh7z8f1NTozgJsV2LOrsVjc-2BkWpc06RnPR-2F7FXFXeMEH957KM2EIyv4Ykdlsh1y9UXvsSzm4ZJplC-2BQiSNKmocON0iiDwkf5b3Lsz3qlJ-2B0I2VaeKbTTUgbjpi3mY4wfHaHwGoAXqgJu55dhuaD6OagclL-2BWL0ktubpUuNP4Yw6falu5yq6XiMhya-2FeQ7PevVPGqZlAq49gFrFsTxgMWgoWA-2BfOolhy5jwz1NhXgQnXNKRJem08grb3kWPmqTOtlhiwQgUXI3mInsv6f-2FkpGVlvtsTa5WNSNGQi4lKBofavhrMF0-2BjGY-2FNPeshD3gqh9hJ1qoVurfbBxZ2K0eMl7Gb0wsTWIvtbds9a5kRaKaGPdgeH7Tsm33-2BhUCFaBnKvxZcymmBA-2B-2Bf6vTEzjdvzNlMj08EPDE06XaykRiCPAcirjugNGIO14lC6w-2FSCSrrnh3DTeNW8dH27rBzTvbwE5AxA2z80FVHWYxQjyJraRse71VWHTvg8hKAWyW6TlNpVzMMsX0-2FJpUmyRq0apjr8-2BhuCK4te6zaZLD69l3oeHXUBLQxRoKqla4-2FVhKH9H2CZF5tAIbyrSWSp3usLngdAaKtdeEZwkgVIi7zJwOkaktKWN-2B7NTt4gjVUarXZyavEadOZw1hbfPIUFWF1GWy-2F69lpphW80nwOuhoKGC80BTrOnA8mF6ve66S-2BxAYAnoKrHp7goE6BUgM-2Bcq9BloXTndko-2FV0hhzn4SlW38zd-2FXqmkSquY3u-2FcnIEmcDA3k-2BzpmxggNCRTM4P804gZhC-2FgRWB5AvpMdBlebJxboDmIrXRoSF3KS-2Bc-2BnfaRPlBr-2Fzp2U3JddjzByYnUsyhX8TWvhCKbABbVUXUWfd-2FNK-2FSCw1crGE7oHCJac9-2BCfkIM2JHiBA3bGf25djQxG8um-2FcKKOsiDVLRctc6nIJivUu3gpxMVHkSuahClWVfURbQ81MDD155v0m85V9YGy1T3LymOlce-2FA148X7-2FLyZHfNWxSAk4xDmUGnBM2PxR6gg1eAv1TKoFIkQEJAyz2RepwmxYLnqaGv4smueKYcSDiWUfZRmjoH-2Fjy-2BSa0-2FTKIgdQCP1VH2iJVjK7FAB7TLmQr5KIGv5DyW3PUq8vp-2FLbcw7mCzu-2BDnngsjnb7K4YT6lRBHrNOn32N-2FMwGFKH-2B2EhykzJVUVthuMllyUsxMbn9F3NzREOl4zGWjTMF7MtSL7i0aqZCEE6kIVksQbQWLm3g5OHiz9z2iywkkRVM5f26qCvAB9aXIsDurDm9I5MyX8yhoUChOQwJS8sCAZgbSv4oVLNhoc8yooQZH-2BgpW5k1fXpvK5tRMmVqyQ-2BAScd7nK91EoT23aqLLUNNwaXz-2FLr399YxkAe1TZAHkeHtjyCY33pDfO4vLTFKpB7BtxgTm7A3TjhV-2FdfZTz-2BU1Lq5Py6md1SoCmBMWG2q2ZvKuiWlSqH-2FwGHElpzKRp-2FU-2Byy

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Seedrs or Crowdcube

chencho-2
Guys,

Thanks a lot for all the wonderful feedback. Much appreciated!

Open Coffee folks rock!

Josh

On 10 May 2018 at 09:22, Andrew Lockley <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

To report this message, please