Quantcast

[LondonOpenCoffee] Resources for creating successful web sales

[LondonOpenCoffee] Resources for creating successful web sales

Bharat Kumar

Hi all

I'm looking for resources (online, books, videos, courses) to help me understand how best to drive traffic to our web-site and then convert that traffic into sales (in this case, for fitness training). My expertise is in content creation and public relations, but not digital marketing/sales, and I want to upskill myself either so I can manage it personally or at least to be able to intelligently outsource it or hire someone to do it for me.

cheers

Simon Marks

07703 018 110

www.freerange.fitness

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Resources for creating successful web sales

Bharat Kumar
Hi Simon

I think a good place to start would be Hubspot. They produce a great range of resources covering all aspects of digital marketing including SEO, social and email marketing.

As they're also bug on the benefits of content marketing, you'll also find some synergies (sorry - buzzword bingo) there.

Good luck!

John

John Odam-Adjei
Medasi
6-8 Bonhill Street
London
EC2A 4BX

[hidden email]
+44 (0) 7917 671816
www.medasi.com
@wearemedasi

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Resources for creating successful web sales

Bharat Kumar
I don't know of any single place to go where you will get the answers - the key (IMHO) is the process you go through to get there. It's a pretty broad subject area and something you'll need to constantly keep working on and reviewing.

I see you have GA on the site - so the first thing to do might be to make sure you've got that configured properly to tell you what you need to know (where site traffic is coming from, what it's doing when it gets there, where is it leaving, is it converting?)

You'll probably want to conduct some A/B tests at some stage - looking at your site there are a few that occur to me immediately and that would often be the best starting point (i.e. identify the things you think might need improving and design tests for those). There's a few things you could use like Optimizely to run those tests, but you also have to beware false positives - the free or low cost tools tend to over-react (or just over-report) small gains.

You might want to incorporate some usability testing too - you can do this relatively easy these days too with various services without it breaking the bank, and by scripting some journeys and inviting people to undertake them you'll get a lot of insight as to what they an and can't do easily on the site.

Happy to discuss by phone briefly if it helps (07977 128 528) - I might be able to dig out some of the usability services I have used in the past too if you wanted to explore those further.

Good luck with it in any case!

Richard

On 11 May 2017 at 12:07, Simon Marks <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all

I'm looking for resources (online, books, videos, courses) to help me understand how best to drive traffic to our web-site and then convert that traffic into sales (in this case, for fitness training). My expertise is in content creation and public relations, but not digital marketing/sales, and I want to upskill myself either so I can manage it personally or at least to be able to intelligently outsource it or hire someone to do it for me.

cheers

Simon Marks

www.freerange.fitness

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Resources for creating successful web sales

Bharat Kumar
Simon,

Basically what you're trying to create is a sales funnel for your business.  You don't need anything complicated, but you need to be able to take a wholistic view to ensure that each element of the funnel is effective.
Your sales funnel needs to be able to drive traffic in the top of the funnel (e.g. your content, PR, PPC ads etc) and convert them into sales at the bottom of the funnel.
In between the top and bottom, is your funnel can be creative, however it should always be geared towards building a relationship with your customer. Most funnels include a lead capture element (ie. email capture form), an autoresponder email series (send your potential customers valuable info to show them how great you are) leading towards a sales email to drive them to your product.  There are lots of different variations, but the concept is the same - get attention, give value and retain interest, build trust, convert to a sale.

There are plenty of cheap marketing resources available on Udemy if you don't want to have to sift through all the free stuff.

Cheers,
- Jay

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Smashing - thanks John

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Resources for creating successful web sales

Bharat Kumar

Thanks Richard

Will explore that and may get back to you.

Simon

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Resources for creating successful web sales

Bharat Kumar

Thanks Jay

I will have a look at Udemy

Simon

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Resources for creating successful web sales

Bharat Kumar
I'm in the same boat as you Simon
But found this one stop resource
Absolutely brilliant and has everything you need in clear laid out steps

Best
Peter

Sent from my iPhone