[LondonOpenCoffee] Re: supporting a young person starting out

[LondonOpenCoffee] Re: supporting a young person starting out

Daniel (Meetup)

Thank you all very much

Very helpful

David

From: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> on behalf of "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, 29 January 2018 at 21:34
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [SPAM?] [LondonOpenCoffee] supporting a young person starting out

Hi - have him check out hte Paul Hamlyn Foundation Ideas and Pioneers fund..

Warmest regards,

Julie Costley

Practitioner and consultant

07931770776  LinkedIn

On 29 January 2018 at 21:30, Angus Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 for go and talk to hackerhouse.

Angus

On 29 Jan 2018, at 21:08, Steve Karmeinsky <[hidden email]> wrote:

If he really knows what he’s doing startuploans.co.uk they’re setup for exactly that sort of thing ...

Could also speak to Jennifer Accuri at  HackerHouse - they do that sort of thing

On 29 Jan 2018, at 20:48, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all

A young person has approached me asking for advice. I’d appreciate your input please

This is a 19 year old currently in an IT day job. Talented high functioning aspergers

Wanting to set up on his own doing ethical hacking.

He needs to find somewhere c £10k to get started. I don’t think investors are right. He’s employed so Princes Trust is a no. His credit rating is not good enough for that amount due to his age.

Any other ideas about how he could access funding and get started?

Help always appreciated.

David

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Re: supporting a young person starting out

Daniel (Meetup)
Does he have any security IT certificates/training? Is that what the 10,000 is for? What is his current job role? Has he ever considered artificial intelligence (AI job demands outweighs security by 30 to 1 - and security outweighs all others by 13 to 1).

Can he apply for 19+ Loan which he only pays when earning more than 21K (he must choose a Diploma level IT course that includes security vendor courses as credit bonuses - he can work part-time and study part-time.

Or he can what I also did which is private study and straight to vendor exam at Pearson Vue (very difficult). Looking at 5 security exams so would reduce costs by £8,000.

Or he can apply straight to Google who are snapping up guys with his condition (Google name will give him industry cred then he can moonlight as security consultant at same time).

On 30 Jan 2018 08:35, "David" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you all very much

Very helpful

David