Quantcast

[LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
To all members

My partners and I are looking for anyone who has developed/is developing voice to voice or voice to written language translation software.

We have substantial funds and extensive management, finance, professional and corporate expertise to bring to such a project.

If anyone has anything worth looking at, please let me know.

B/rgds
Howard

As they are sent
https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=1

In one daily email
https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=2

Don't send me mailing list messages
https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=0

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
I think it worth to start with using " big guys' " tools like GoogleTranslate to create software targeted to you focus market and then gradually start adding own AI engine when you see specific flaws not available in product offered by them.

With respect,
Ghennadii
mob 07936673307

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Howard Amor <[hidden email]> wrote:
To all members

My partners and I are looking for anyone who has developed/is developing voice to voice or voice to written language translation software.

We have substantial funds and extensive management, finance, professional and corporate expertise to bring to such a project.

If anyone has anything worth looking at, please let me know.

B/rgds
Howard

As they are sent
https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=1

In one daily email
https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=2

Don't send me mailing list messages
https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=0

With respect,
Ghennadii Mirosnicenco

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
Legally too risky to emulate from Google Translate.......  They would certainly mount a challenge that the idea was based around their original I.P..

We already have someone who has developed original voice to voice translation BUT....... we can't get him to commit to funding, which for this type of product needs global funding.... , which can provide.   Think he's scared of the big numbers!

Anyway, we're all dressed up and ready to go with an alternative....., if it's out there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
When I've talked about using big guy's technologies I've kept in mind than there are two approaches:

- create core functionality to offer it to market as platform to other developers
- if you have specific application in mind (for example creating tourist-friendly mobile application to guide visitors through the city), you can use existing core platform form Google or Amazon and create practical implementation of your app on top of existing product, offering by third party.

The first approach should of course much boulder, but you should be prepared for:
- lot of spending for  long-running fundamental R&D
-  still be focused on at least one specific applied use case to be sure that your product will deliver real value to the world and your tech will have better characteristics than other available products.

I'm curious, what is your plan / strategy?

With respect,
Ghennadii

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Howard Amor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Legally too risky to emulate from Google Translate.......  They would certainly mount a challenge that the idea was based around their original I.P..

We already have someone who has developed original voice to voice translation BUT....... we can't get him to commit to funding, which for this type of product needs global funding.... , which can provide.   Think he's scared of the big numbers!

Anyway, we're all dressed up and ready to go with an alternative....., if it's out there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
There is an app out there, built on Google translate,  which provides this kind of service: it's called Odle:

http://uk.pcmag.com/odle/86450/news/odle-chat-app-adds-googles-neural-machine-translation-to-the

In general you're going to run into some enormous technical challenges- even Google hasn't got very far with natural speech translation so far.

Good luck!

Tom

On 4 April 2017 at 13:27, Ghennadii Mirosnicenco <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tom Hayton
Director | Producer | Photographer
See my work featured in VICE

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
www.twitter.com/tomhayton

Tel: +44 (0) 208 123 7437 (UK)
       +44 (0) 7926 800 117 (UK mobile)
       +1  (650) 209-6615 (USA)

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
Wow... if you could get instant F2F translation... that would save our NHS hundreds  of millions!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
That's one of the many reasons we're ready to arrange the money, Kamran

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Wow... if you could get instant F2F translation... that would save our NHS hundreds  of millions!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
Hi Howard,

the real question is what product / use case you’re looking to build as Ghennadii already mentioned - be specific.

Speech to text / speech translation can be done via recurrent neural networks such as the tensorflow sequence-to-sequence model and there are already working implementations by the community - like this one or this one.

Boris

--
Boris Sebosik

On 4 Apr 2017, 16:59 +0100, Howard Amor <[hidden email]>, wrote:
That's one of the many reasons we're ready to arrange the money, Kamran

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Wow... if you could get instant F2F translation... that would save our NHS hundreds  of millions!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
Thanks Boris.

Would u like to meet for a coffee, in town?

I am available on Thurs of this week & Tues & Thurs of next week.

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | support@meetup.com

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | support@meetup.com

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | support@meetup.com

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | support@meetup.com

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL

Richard-2
Hi Howard,

sure - can you please drop me a line so we can arrange it ?  I don’t want to bother the whole group with our conversation :)

Thank you

--
Boris Sebosik

Public Profile

On 4 Apr 2017, 17:57 +0100, Howard Amor <[hidden email]>, wrote:
[...]

Details emailed.

On 5 Apr 2017 11:52, Boris Sebosik <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Howard,

sure - can you please drop me a line so we can arrange it ?  I don’t want to bother the whole group with our conversation :)

sebosik@gmail.com

Thank you

--
Boris Sebosik

Public Profile

On 4 Apr 2017 17:49, Boris Sebosik <LondonOpenCoffee-list@meetup.com> wrote:
[...]

We can assist you in software, mobile app and website development.

Please add me on Skype at bhsharma574 and you can mail me at [hidden email].

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,
-Bharat

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 at 09:12, Howard Amor <[hidden email]> wrote:
To all members

My partners and I are looking for anyone who has developed/is developing voice to voice or voice to written language translation software.

We have substantial funds and extensive management, finance, professional and corporate expertise to bring to such a project.

If anyone has anything worth looking at, please let me know.

B/rgds
Howard

Have you tried     Sandra Fox
         www.TeachTapin.com