Quantcast

[LondonOpenCoffee] Native and Hybrid App

[LondonOpenCoffee] Native and Hybrid App

mike watson-3
Thank you for the large picture Kumar,

Would you be able to expand and explain the difference between an hybrid and a native App ?

Thank you in advance

Duccio

On 10 Mar 2017, at 01:17, Kumar Dutt <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi prince,

I concur with Andrii on that. The cost is very much dependent on what you really want the app to do. Also, bear in mind, an app is just the bit that people see. Depending on the functionality you actually want to provide, there could be a whole host of other services running and working together in the background that actually makes the whole system work and provide information to and fro from the app to the backend system.

Often major complexity of a large scale project really is at the backend rather than the actual app.

So, define exactly what you want it to do and also look at similar apps or services to research on feature set of the app. Also, there are various types of development approaches when it comes to app development. Generally, there are 2 types of apps - native and hybrid. In almost every way a native app will provide better user experience but is also more expensive than an hybrid app.

Depending on your business market you may want to look at focussing and investing the effort on development of an app for only one specific platform to reach more people / keep cost of development down / grow slowly based on service uptake.

I always advice to have an open chat with a technical team to asses what you're looking at even before focussing on the cost. Armed with all of these info you will be able to make a better decision.

Hope that helps.

TechnologyC Ltd.

Kumar Dutt

   www.technologyc.co.uk
   facebook.com/TechnologycApps
   twitter.com/Technologyc_UK
TechnologyC Ltd. • The Vista Centre, <a dir="ltr" href="x-apple-data-detectors://6" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="address" x-apple-data-detectors-result="6">50 Salisbury Road • Hounslow• TW4 6JQ • London • UK

• Backend system development - We develop database architecture and web services for complicated and automated systems.

• Apps development - We develop front end clients (native apps and web apps) for various mobile platforms including iOS and Android.

• Web development - We develop responsive web clients (bespoke websites and Content Management Systems design and development).

• Agile development - We follow core Agile methodologies and test driven development techniques.

• Bespoke testing services - We provide both manual and automated test services for indie and small developers.

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.

On 6 Mar 2017, at 22:59, Andrii <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Prince

I would be happy to help you.

In terms of costs, it really depends on the specifications.

Would be happy to meet you for a cup of coffee to discuss your idea.

Regards
Andrii

------------------------
phone: 078972 55664

On 6 Mar 2017, at 20:07, PRINCE TIKARE <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings LOCers,

I’m just wondering if there is anybody from the group who could give me an idea of

how much it would cost to build an app across all operating platforms for android, apple…and so on.

Also if there is a Company that can offer the service at a competitive price, that someone can recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Prince Tikare, BA(Hons) Arch, Dip Arch.

CEO

SMOODYPOD® GROUP INTERNATIONAL CORP.

<image001.png>

t. +44  791 7994 641

t. +234 810 6800 352

t.+234 708 480 1365

t.+34 604 135 142

s.   powersmoody

wsgric.com

wsmoodyfruit.com

wsgidb.com

Headquarters <a href="x-apple-data-detectors://6/1" class="">Suite 188, 10 Gt Russell St, London WC1B 3BQ.

Factory Site <a href="x-apple-data-detectors://7/" class="">6a Alfred Olaiya Street, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.

<image002.png>

<image003.jpg>

From: <[hidden email]> on behalf of Howard Amor <[hidden email]>
Date: Sunday, 5 March 2017 at 13:31
To: <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] How to promote my translation app

Peter/Sebastien

I have been working for some time with an inventor of literally voice translation software, (with interest from Apple, Microsoft and many others) but he is proving illusive and hard to pin down.

If you have something similar, I and my partners have access to substantial international funds and the management experience and qualifications to organise a public offering and subsequent administration., marketing etc..

If you are interested to have an initial discussion, email me your mobile number, or I can email you mine.

Our offices are in Piccalilly, London W1

Rgds

On 5 Mar 2017 11:15, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

Something I thought about some time ago was when I visited China (without speaking or being able to read), I thought how awesome it would be to have an app that would allow to input Chinese by voice or OCR a photo.

I forgot about that thought but it just came up again when I read Peina's question. It is not that much related to learning - more to avoiding the need to learn ;)

Cheers

Peter

On 5 Mar 2017, at 11:09, Nina <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Sebastien,

Your app idea is quite good. I have signed up.

I am starting up a web app and mobile app for young people to go abroad, i. e. study abroad, work abroad, intern abroad, global career.

Apart from translation will you do voice translation?

I think we will have some synergies. Can we have a chat?

Peina Sun

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.