[LondonOpenCoffee] Event space help!

Ajit

Hi guys,

I'm helping the London Irish Business Society to hold a tech focused startup event in central London! It's a dragons den style pitch event for Irish entrepreneurs who come to London.

We are looking for an event space for around 150-250 and I was hoping someone could help! Last year we used Google's offices but our contact has left :(

Attending the event won't just be entrepreneurs but business leaders and expert judges.

Any ideas are very welcome… Looking for free or very, very cost effective :)

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone

— Please Note: If you hit “REPLY”, your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([hidden email]) https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/ This message was sent by Meetup on behalf of Tom Wesseldine (https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/members/185403194/) from London OpenCoffee Meetup. Set my mailing list to email me

As they are sent https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=1

In one daily email https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=2

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Event space help!

Ajit
Try Newspeak House. They have capacity for 100ish I think.

On 25 July 2017 at 12:36, Tom Wesseldine <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tom Hayton
Creative Director | Consultant | Film maker | Photographer
See my work featured in VICE

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
www.twitter.com/tomhayton

Tel: +44 (0) 208 123 7437 (UK)
       +44 (0) 7926 800 117 (UK mobile)
       +1  (650) 209-6615 (USA)

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Event space help!

Ajit
Central foundation boys school
Nabarro
Taylor Wessing
Simmons and Simmons
WeWork moorgate

On 25 Jul 2017 12:36, "Tom Wesseldine" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Skills matter /code node is in the city and went set up as a tech hub for events… We'll worth looking at

Many thanks Regards Mark Owen tel:+44 (0)7828-164874

Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 1:36 PM From: “Tom Wesseldine” <[hidden email]> To: [hidden email] Subject: [LondonOpenCoffee] Event space help!

Hi guys,

— Please Note: If you hit “REPLY”, your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([hidden email]) http://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=pEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTt9A3GC7w9YOmPyndIWfAjj6mWnOyqXCM-2BmeohlC7buqW_skxlmHjlyHVqtxvKklqX-2FCCZn-2BGaeeaHzj2FDjPe-2F7War7P40LY3xOe-2BFDzvZ58-2FYtSLjiXLMsO2WxITPBJ77G8jua7U8aatDpMjTglAMZ4Aqid6Ovkk7nk21gj76gboazbscu-2BFrQvT07DrcmcZd7cazGE8dKFjqFRQFoIbRXHdmzhnVGl2Rb4wRPzjpJ9Y5iEpbLGh9LnuorU8dptJ3g-3D-3D This message was sent by Meetup on behalf of Tom Wesseldine (http://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=pEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTt9A3GC7w9YOmPyndIWfAjj6q4N63VIpdVCLIbFZ2f32C6eb5B3QMP374njPOAG9Y4w-3D-3D_skxlmHjlyHVqtxvKklqX-2FCCZn-2BGaeeaHzj2FDjPe-2F7War7P40LY3xOe-2BFDzvZ58-2FF3Gfejeh-2BP-2BiZtuA68EDd-2FPk1EeiGFMZsXSdqPykJmLgYmYfgjL-2BSTaQEMULG5b1DklRX4AHN6gAbnAH9Wj-2BjlXd3Q2LsV17pbB8JJLBpmy8SN0xtTBLxZGGh-2FC-2F1FV-2BD1NzQVjCOlBGStNxfcKCPw-3D-3D from London OpenCoffee Meetup. Set my mailing list to email me

As they are sent http://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=pEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTt9A3GC7w9YOmPyndIWfAjj43INfG-2B5uxGDFnwHE9P6mDXXtpqrJlMnDuXikMBfHVGA-3D-3D_skxlmHjlyHVqtxvKklqX-2FCCZn-2BGaeeaHzj2FDjPe-2F7War7P40LY3xOe-2BFDzvZ58-2FxtDaJKS2rCybfUqfCTUFwHjof9dtAsPCDbdvXUYgyjBjZXuVRpz3FL6XCeRo26IUjYJcg-2B83-2BV8lvHQvqKY3Bk-2Bydai02utAQqZXeBiOaJ8bK4RTWKQYBJRuUQaj3uRKPRFDEccC-2B2WFsyja-2FEYrow-3D-3D

In one daily email http://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=pEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTt9A3GC7w9YOmPyndIWfAjj43INfG-2B5uxGDFnwHE9P6mDAw8-2BFHUVyM5BcMYrMTM7HQ-3D-3D_skxlmHjlyHVqtxvKklqX-2FCCZn-2BGaeeaHzj2FDjPe-2F7War7P40LY3xOe-2BFDzvZ58-2Fv9U5IXpPrNSrTxPrS7RWvrrybYx59Rptj3cWU9E3T4r14RrlswHqi0y5Kq2CMTwYjNHkU8szMwddPrkXMAQ6gumSTxZSfoiafPl-2BDhJK40ZIiotJFkFDeQ7pAgCL1SBNhDkJlXWCaYqWNL7O-2FtWZWA-3D-3D

Don't send me mailing list messages http://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=pEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTt9A3GC7w9YOmPyndIWfAjj43INfG-2B5uxGDFnwHE9P6mDQa6mGQLZm5eZT3Gem9NrSw-3D-3D_skxlmHjlyHVqtxvKklqX-2FCCZn-2BGaeeaHzj2FDjPe-2F7War7P40LY3xOe-2BFDzvZ58-2F73WDrG6eFAvoohxaNRVPDw6mjFQU7L2P4MDMTFegNp8MHND5ITMqCZk8N8SSapHP-2BHdHjB6b8nDbt4Dzfk1HNNMs1-2BZ9Wsg-2FYdOJ5Q3Yc9oUv-2FSB78sc7YHH0b-2BqFjAnxm60F0Gs7oqKgXNY5kfNDQ-3D-3D Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [hidden email]

— Please Note: If you hit “REPLY”, your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([hidden email]) https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/ This message was sent by Meetup on behalf of Mark Owen (https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/members/194810853/) from London OpenCoffee Meetup. Set my mailing list to email me

As they are sent https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=1

In one daily email https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=2

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Event space help!

Ajit
Take a look at the Business Design Centre in Islington. Cool central location, innovation type centre and I've noticed lots of startup events their.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Event space help!

Ajit
Have a look at the Union Studios, 49 Greek St, Soho - part of the Union Club:

They host events across creative and tech industries.

Contact details on the website.

Sent whilst on the move...there may be errors...

On 25 Jul 2017, at 16:29, kamran <[hidden email]> wrote:

Take a look at the Business Design Centre in Islington. Cool central location, innovation type centre and I've noticed lots of startup events their.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Event space help!

Ajit
If they want to establish a London presence  would be tempted to involve London and Partner (investment agency) as well as the Department for International Trade, either Investment Services Team or Global Entrepreneurs Team..  they may be interested in supporting the event if it helps their targets.. 100 Irish start-ups exploring setting up in the UK should tick a few boxes.. let me know if you need some names.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Event space help!

Ajit
Tom,
I run London New Tech pitch/demo events every month. Reach out to WeWork, there are 20 offices in London. They host free events. My contact at Moorgate office is Lucy Sunner [hidden email]
There is also Google Campus- Belinda [hidden email]
And a bunch of other locations, but you need to book ASAP, as they get full quickly.
Cheers,
Marina.

RE: [LondonOpenCoffee] Event space help!

Ajit

Best to try one of the law firms who work with startups e.g Taylor Wessing, CMS or Pinsent Mason – they all have lecture theatres of about that size and like to have their name associated with tech