Quantcast

[LondonOpenCoffee] Entrepreneurs Help

Richard-2
Hey Team,

I hope you all had a great sunny weekend! My name is Jorge and I'm the founder of a company called AfterCross.

We need some help here, please. We're developing a software that might help you all who attend MeetUps and events often. AfterCross is a productivity app that creates your digital business card directly from Linkedin.

Why don't start this short week donating few minutes to help some entrepreneurs? :) @All we ask is to fill out this  Typeform.com feedback form with 15 single-choice questions ~3min max. (the record was 46 seconds last Friday).

Your help will be super appreciated. Thanks so much for your time. In the meantime, I hope you have a fantastic week!

Best

Jorge L Herguido
[hidden email]

Don't Leave Meeting People to Luck - LinkedIn via Bluetooth within 15-metres from you.
Download Now on your iPhone

AfterCross.co.uk
Follow Us : @AfterCrossApp

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Entrepreneurs Help

Richard-2
Jorge,

Done! and would love to try your app here in netherlands

Love the idea! Business cards are useless in this day and age. And Networking is amazingly difficult especially for the more shy/introvert types both online/offline - no wonder being bold/extrovert is often considered a trait for successful entrepreneurs or founders. Think you can fix that.

Good luck
Amit

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Jorge Lopez Herguido <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Done - would be great if you could crack this. I assume you've read the Economist article on the persistence of business cards?

One of the main reasons I still use them is that they remain the fastest way to exchange details with other people, especially in networking situations when there are often several people trading details at once - entering everyone's details into your phone can be quite time consuming, and none of the contacts apps are ubiquitous enough to overcome this (yet).

Additionally, having the cards is a useful memory prod - for a contact in your phone to be useful you need to remember enough about the contact to be able to search for it. I meet a lot of people and often struggle to remember details - I might remember the event and/or the industry of the contact, but neither of those would help me find that person on my phone. I'm also very visual and seeing the card and company logo is very useful in terms of reminding me about the context of the meeting.

If there was some way to turn on an event tag (e.g. all contacts entered in this time window or at this location are tagged 'OpenCoffee') that would make me much more likely to stop using business cards. If there was a way to sort contacts by when I had met them this would also help.

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 at 09:33, Amit siwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Non est vivere sed valere vita est

30 Randall Court
Dairy Close
London SW6 4HF

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Entrepreneurs Help

Richard-2
Hi Jorge,

have you seen Ping ? I use it quite often :

Best
Boris

--
Boris Sebosik

On 10 Apr 2017, 10:03 +0100, Julian Asher <[hidden email]>, wrote:
[...]

We may even use it in our first networking event next month.

Good luck! :)

Serkan Ferah
Helping People, SMEs and Startups in Branding & Strategy
Mobile: 07501950310

LinkedIN     Twitter     Medium     Flipboard

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Jorge Lopez Herguido <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Amit,

Thanks a lot for your wishes and for helping us out with the Typeform!

Completely agree with you and same here, we come from the corporate world and we're building the digital cards out of our own frustration with paper cards :)

We'll get back to you today to try us out. Best and thanks again!

Jorge

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Amit siwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Julian,

Thanks a lot for your Typeform and for your detailed email! It's so motivating to see many of you helping us! :)

Absolutely, we see and understand that the fastest way is to hand out card, especially on those situations. However, we aim to not to kill the paper card industry overnight, but a way to complement it and for the users who know how hassle is to use paper cards. Like, educating the users and let them know that there is an easier and more efficient way to exchange your details. To help both sender and receivers of contact info to manage those details efficiently.

Your feedback actually is super interesting. Our prototype currently uses your Linkedin public photo and added it to your card so you can remember the person, and also we load the company's logo from your profile and corporate email address..(i.e. @apple.com). Employees are so proud to share their logos :) - We provide tagging for the cards you exchange but only based on the profession of the user. You rock! - It makes so much sense too to add tagging based on events or locations. Thanks!

Thanks all for your help!!

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Julian Asher <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Boris,

Thanks for sharing this! - Yes, We know about Ping. They recently showed their prototype at Product Hunt with quite impressive results. The app is very good and clean, they did a good job too. We feel there is a huge gap in the market for helping people with their business cards.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Boris Sebosik <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Serkan,

That sounds fantastic! We're currently partnering with few MeetUps and events too. I see you are based in London, I'd love to take you for a coffee and share our tips about how to use it at events and get the most for event managers or organizers.

Please, email me separately and I'll be happy to arrange it.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Serkan Ferah <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Form completed and will be happy to test your business card.
I was looking to do mine. Your message arrived at the right time !

Guillaume

[...]

Meetup PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York USA 10163-4668 | [hidden email]

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Entrepreneurs Help

Richard-2
Hi Jorge,

Completed and happy to test also.

Carla
Thomas Chase Immigration

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Apr 2017, at 13:02, Guillaume <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jorge,

Form completed and will be happy to test your business card.
I was looking to do mine. Your message arrived at the right time !

Guillaume

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Entrepreneurs Help

Richard-2
Done - looks really interesting.

There are more digital / alternative business card apps than I first thought.

Must admit I really like the sound of this Jorge. Happy to test as well.

Although note that traditional types of networking events where business cards are exchanged around the table may have issue with this concept. I think it's a superb idea given that a substantial amount of business will be conducted remotely and across borders plus the 'millennials' or the next era of entrepreneur won't want to get business cards printed - that would be like so last century!

Kind regards,

Lena Benjamin

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Apr 2017, at 13:58, Carla Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jorge,

Completed and happy to test also.

Carla
Thomas Chase Immigration

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Apr 2017, at 13:02, Guillaume <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jorge,

Form completed and will be happy to test your business card.
I was looking to do mine. Your message arrived at the right time !

Guillaume

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Entrepreneurs Help

Richard-2
Hi Savannah,

Sorry for my late response, and you're still completely on time! :)

All we ask is to fill out this  Typeform.com feedback form with 15 single-choice questions ~3min max. (the record was 46 seconds last Friday).

We're developing a software that might help you all who attend MeetUps and events often. AfterCross is a productivity app that creates your digital business card directly from Linkedin. We need some help here, please.

Your help will be super appreciated. Thanks so much for your time. In the meantime, I hope you have a fantastic week!

Thanks again to everybody!

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Savannah Murphy <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I don't think, the card needs to be killed off, there is something personal about handing out and receiving a card,

especially when the world has gone digital, the issue how to capture that information without it being a chore.

My suggestion is a scanning app on your phone that links with your contacts file and automatically spreads

the information to all preferred social networks like 'linkedin'. If your app can do this, it will be amazing.

Prince Tikare, BA(Hons) Arch, Dip Arch.

CEO

SMOODYPOD® GROUP INTERNATIONAL CORP.

id:image001.png@01D22264.11B0A930

t. +44  791 7994 641

t. +234 810 6800 352

t.+234 708 480 1365

t.+34 604 135 142

s.   powersmoody

wsgric.com

w.  smoodyfruit.com

w.  sgidb.com

Headquarters <a href="x-apple-data-detectors://6/1">Suite 188, 10 Gt Russell St, London WC1B 3BQ.

Factory Site <a href="x-apple-data-detectors://7/">6a Alfred Olaiya Street, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.

id:image002.png@01D22264.11B0A930

id:image003.jpg@01D22264.11B0A930