[LondonOpenCoffee] Can we hustle on the street?

[LondonOpenCoffee] Can we hustle on the street?

Guillaume
Hey guys,

We are running a social enterprise, Honor Cycles, offering bicycle servicing and repairs at your home or office.

We have been running bicycle service pop-by at major co-working spaces like WeWork and The Office Group. It has been working well. We are keen to expand to office buildings, but we find it difficult to get into the door.

Since the weather has been so nice, we are thinking maybe we can just set up our service pop up on the street in the areas with high density of office buildings.

We think we probably will get into trouble doing business on the street. However, if we offer quick safety check-up for people, in return asking them to introduce us to their office or facility managers, that might be an interesting way to hustle.

Is it feasible? Can we get away with that simply by not charging money? We want to hustle but we do not want to get trouble with the police or others.

Any comments? Or do you have better idea for us?

Many thanks

--
Josh Liu
Founder,

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Can we hustle on the street?

Guillaume
I think you can consult with local council. Usually they charge some money for popup businesses (I think around 30 pounds per day), but you can explain them your intentions and get support without money or get special price.

With respect,
Ghennadii

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Josh Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ghennadii Mirosnicenco

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Can we hustle on the street?

Guillaume
Hey Josh

If you send me the details I will happily give it to our facilities team. I work in an office block in Holborn and another building in the Strand.

Regards

Frances

_____________________________

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Can we hustle on the street?

Guillaume
Hi Josh, have you talked to ZEN at Hackney council?

They are part of a 3 borough program to make companies more sustainable. They do all sorts (e-bike sales, bike clinics) I can imagine they could do with some capacity.

Marcus

On 7 Apr 2017, at 16:56, Frances <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Josh

If you send me the details I will happily give it to our facilities team. I work in an office block in Holborn and another building in the Strand.

Regards

Frances

_____________________________

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Can we hustle on the street?

Guillaume
Hi Ghennadi,

Thanks a lot. Silly me. Yes, I should go talk to councils. Many of them are supporting cycling, and I think it should be an easy sell.

Much appreciated. You have a good weekend.

Josh

On 7 April 2017 at 16:51, Ghennadii Mirosnicenco <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Marcus,

Thanks a lot. That is a great initiative and extremely relevant to what we do!
Do you know anyone at ZEN by any chance? It would be wonderful to talk to them.

Please drop me an email if you do. [hidden email]

Much much appreciated!

Josh

On 7 April 2017 at 17:03, UncleUnvoid <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Founder at Honor Cycles: The Finest Bicycle Repairs at Your Office or Home
+44-747-301-9791

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Can we hustle on the street?

Guillaume
Hi Fraces,

Thanks a lot. Yes, I really appreciate that offer. What is your email? Can you please drop me a quick line at josh at honorcycles.com

@Guys sorry for a few public replies. Hope it does not annoy you too much.
You can look at this as a good example how helpful folks at Open Coffee are. :)

Have a great weekend.

Josh