[LondonOpenCoffee] Bitcoin fork

Ajit
For all those interested it's about one block away from being forked....big day for bitcoin

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Bitcoin fork

Ajit
What does that mean for bitcoin?

version 2?
expanding bitcoin value?

On 1 Aug 2017, at 15:10, Iqbal V Gandham <[hidden email]> wrote:

For all those interested it's about one block away from being forked....big day for bitcoin

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Bitcoin fork

Ajit
I wish I knew :) . Long story short the split is an attempt to increase the size of the block...segwit is cheating, and some.people are unhappy and want to stick to the original vision...

On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 at 15:55, UncleUnvoid
What does that mean for bitcoin?

version 2?
expanding bitcoin value?

On 1 Aug 2017, at 15:10, Iqbal V Gandham <[hidden email]> wrote:

For all those interested it's about one block away from being forked....big day for bitcoin

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] Bitcoin fork

Ajit
So what happens?

Anyone who owned some bitcoins on the root now owns the exact same blocks on each branch, so if they both survive, you win in the "stock split"?

Or is it a gamble on which one survives, so get rid of your ownership on the loser?