[LondonOpenCoffee] Accounting software

Jawad Alkatib
Hi all,

I've recently started a Machine Learning consultancy (dagon.ai), and now that some revenue is starting to come in, I would like to ask the group for advice:

What accounting software would you recommend? I don't mind paying a bit for it if that gives me ease of use or valuable features. Apart from keeping track of cashflow, the main immediate requirement is helping me file my taxes for the business (a UK limited company).

Also, could you please recommend one or two brief online primers on accounting and tax for startups/small businesses?

Thanks a lot,
E.

RE: [LondonOpenCoffee] Accounting software

Jawad Alkatib
Xero

I've recently started a Machine Learning consultancy (dagon.ai), and now that some revenue is starting to come in, I would like to ask the group for advice:

What accounting software would you recommend? I don't mind paying a bit for it if that gives me ease of use or valuable features. Apart from keeping track of cashflow, the main immediate requirement is helping me file my taxes for the business (a UK limited company).

Also, could you please recommend one or two brief online primers on accounting and tax for startups/small businesses?

Thanks a lot,
E.

As they are sent
https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=1

In one daily email
https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=2

Don't send me mailing list messages
https://www.meetup.com/londonocc/list_prefs/?pref=0

RE: [LondonOpenCoffee] Accounting software

Jawad Alkatib

Egor,

I’m a certified advisor for Xero, Quickbooks and FreeAgent, so I’ve written reviews of each – see the links below.

FreeAgent is good for contractors and freelancers, and simple companies. Xero & Quickbooks are more scalable. Personally, I marginally prefer Quickbooks over Xero for its UI and Reporting suite, though both are good products.

https://aiteoconsulting.co.uk/quickbooks-online-review/

https://aiteoconsulting.co.uk/xero-beautiful-cloud-accounting/

https://aiteoconsulting.co.uk/freeagent-cloud-accounting-review/

Also, I wrote a short email series for startups – about two weeks’ worth of daily emails giving you a primer into company administration and accounting principles. If you’d like these, sign up at this link:   https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/k3h3o7

Best,

Jonathan Smith

Managing Director

T: +44 (0) 20 7846 0151

E: [hidden email]

www.aiteoconsulting.co.uk

Twitter: @aiteoconsulting

Skype: <a href="skype:aiteo.consulting">aiteo.consulting

cid:image002.png@01D1067B.35FE0900

‘Aiteo’ and ‘Aiteo Consulting’ are trading names of Aiteo Consulting Limited. Registered in England. Company registration number 05805420. VAT registration number 181776771. Registered address: Downs Suite, Barham Court, Teston, Maidstone, Kent ME18 5BZ.  The ‘Aiteo’ logo is a registered trademark no. UK00003114300. Registered Member in Practice of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).