Quantcast

[LondonOpenCoffee] A Great App - But Need Some Big Hitters Now ...

[LondonOpenCoffee] A Great App - But Need Some Big Hitters Now ...

Richard-2
Dear OC,

Long time no speak ...

I've been collaborating with a guy who has been building an English Language Learning App, www.wordiser.com, and I now understand enough to know how much help we need to bring to our small team.

So to the lurking big hitters here, and those who might help and nudge them for us, I want to list possible benefits as well as requirements here, so folk can see pretty clearly where we are and what we need ...

Here goes:

Dev
  1. After two years and considerable cost, but zero funding, this is well beyond MVP
  2. The product has been extensively tested live at a London College, details via PM
  3. We are trialing Subject Expert versions for teachers with "global" intent
  4. We need a CTO adviser to guide evolution of the development platform
  5. We need a rapid, painless evolution from Web onto iOS and Android
  6. Our platforms and code modules need a lot more control and sophistication
Mktg
  1. We need a part-time CMO / adviser to drive marketing strategy
  2. We know who we want to talk to, and what we want to say
  3. But we need digital help knowing where to say it, when and how
  4. Budget is currently low level, but we are open to funding discussions
Partnerships
  1. Universities - Given recent health hacking on TV, lovely to connect with KCL/UCL
  2. We are willing to share revenue stream / franchises with geographic partners
  3. We could really use some independent legal advice given potential scope
Revenue
  1. The App generates revenue from Ad Impressions, so volume is essential
  2. Global Markets: 50,000 English language schools in China; known interest in Mexico
  3. Cost savings in execution arise from needing zero walls and zero text books
  4. Ubiquitous WiFi is essential, so mobile / low cost WiFi provision will also help
  5. The Education market has very high cost overheads, it is ripe for tech incursion
Overall, we are looking to build and grow relationships, not just join a flock of participants at someone's sales event where we are just numbers in a sea of faces ...

Any help the magnificent OC and its magnificent members can offer, we would be extremely grateful. We are open to fair offers of help and discussing rewards of various shapes and sizes, but have no wish to be the latest mugs accepting any old offer of help.

Once again, our thanks for your patience and interest,

Warm Regards, Peter.

PS Please text me in the first instance on 07711 556 994 to make contact and establish channels. Thanks.

Opportunity Creator | Innovator | Collaborator

Re: [LondonOpenCoffee] A Great App - But Need Some Big Hitters Now ...

Richard-2

Hi Peter,

Interesting to have a way to learn foreign language.

I you don't know it, have a look at Lingvist.
It's what I use to help me to improve my English level. And it's free to use. I know that they have like a partnership with the European Union.

If you want a french tester or a feedback, feel free to ask. I will be happy to help you during my free time.

Guillaume

[...]

Meetup PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York USA 10163-4668 | [hidden email]