London OpenCoffee Meetup list: "Tender"

Zulfiqar Deo (Meetup)
Meetup
Thomas Grenet
Thomas Grenet (Member) sent a message to the London OpenCoffee Meetup mailing list
Tender
Hey guys,

Anyone with experience on tender process in the UK?
We are providing services that no other provider does (delivering fuel directly to vehicle tank).
One of our prospect is about to issue a tender that includes (but is not limited to) refuelling.

We tried to carve out refuelling out of the scope of the tender but not sure we will get there before the tender is issued.

My question is this.
Is it possible for the client to reduce the scope of the tender AFTER it has been issued?
If it is, surely this will drag the process right? So how likely it is to happen?
What would be your strategy to make sure we are not locked out?

Best,
Tom

Re: London OpenCoffee Meetup list: "Tender"

Zulfiqar Deo (Meetup)
Meetup
Andrew Lockley
Andrew Lockley (Member) sent a message to the London OpenCoffee Meetup mailing list
Re: London OpenCoffee Meetup list: "Tender"
Speak to them directly. They probably have no idea what you are capable of.

Also, speak to any other bidders, so you can subcontract the bits you want

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018, 10:56 Thomas Grenet (Meetup), <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for that.
We have been in direct contact with them for months and completed trial.
But it has been a slow process with contradictory decisions...

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018, 11:00 Andrew Lockley (Meetup), <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Zulfiqar Deo
Zulfiqar Deo (Member) sent a message to the London OpenCoffee Meetup mailing list
Re: London OpenCoffee Meetup list: "Tender"
Thought this might be a useful background on Tendering - Michael Carter's knowledge shared about his experience with tendering http://www.stairsandshares.com/blog/evolution-of-a-solopreneur-knowledge-sharing-with-michael-carter

Zufi

Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list (LondonOpenCoffee-list@meetup.com)