London OpenCoffee Meetup list: "Finance Innovation Lab - 2018/19 programme open"

London OpenCoffee Meetup list: "Finance Innovation Lab - 2018/19 programme open"

Zulfiqar Deo (Meetup)
Meetup
Richard
Richard (Member) sent a message to the London OpenCoffee Meetup mailing list
Finance Innovation Lab - 2018/19 programme open
Sharing news about the Finance Innovation Lab new programme that is now open to new applicants

2018 / 19 programme is focused on ideas and innovations that use data-driven finance applications to improve lives of consumers. In their words:

Finance is changing – fast.

Rapid transformation is underway as it becomes easier to collect, combine and interpret our data. With this come risks around consent, control, bias and exploitation – but also opportunities to put people back in control of finance.

In 2018-19, the Finance Innovation Lab will find and incubate the best ideas for making data-driven finance work for people and planet.

The Lab programme itself takes no equity and offers no direct investment - but it does help incubate amazing ideas through their quite amazing network of experts from a range of disciplines.

(I have no direct interest - just sharing for info and to help them spread the word - I have only previously advised two or three of their programme participants)

Happy to share thoughts if anyone wants to chat first - but they're also pretty approachable themselves if you have questions for them before you apply.