Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

Jack Bolles
 Dear All,

I'm a 21-year IT veteran with a history of delivering projects from a variety of leadership positions. I've served - as a development manager, lead architect, and project manager - for a variety of companies, from small start-ups to four of the FTSE 100. I'm finishing my masters from UCL in Technology Entrepreneurship and have started a software consultancy called Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

We are both entrepreneurs: you have interesting ideas using software and my strength is in its delivery. My company wants to work with you, to enable your software teams to deliver on the promise of your ideas.

Jackson-Bramwell is a true consultancy.  We want to enable you to succeed, not take over your IT needs. We can help you get from the back of the envelope to a production system working within your start-up's needs.

Jackson-Bramwell can help an early-stage start-up, or setting the frame work of what will be required to getting your software idea of the ground. Start-ups with an established team will benefit from our ability to take their proof of concept to the next level.

Jackson-Bramwell offers:
        + Guidance and direction around technology choices and best practices
        + Software design and architecture
        + Development team building and mentoring
        + Network of IT professionals for in house jobs
        + CTO-level advice
        + Support for Due Diligence and Funding conversations with venture capitalists
        + Roadmaps from where you are now to where you want to be

I regularly attend Open Coffee on Thursdays, and am available to meet at other times as well. Please contact me at your convenience.

Regards,

JACK BOLLES
Principal, Jackson-Bramwell. Ltd
81 Fieldgate Street, Suite 43
London E1 1GU
0797 001 8178

RE: Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

Brian Milnes
Quite a concept - a veteran at 21 years...
Reminds me of the maxim, "Quick, hire an 18 year old while they still know everything!"
Pip, pip!
Brian

Re: Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

milosh z
i think he meant he has 21 years of IT experience

--
Milosh Zorica
+54 9 11 5015 6476

RE: Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

Brian Milnes
I hope you're right Milosh!

You might have thought with all that IT experience they'd have managed a web site...

BTW, have you all seen www.weebly.com? - Decent looking web site, with (syndicated) blogs, hosted for free, or to your own domain space. I'm rarely impressed, but was with this. Tried it out and managed to do www.web4u.weebly.com in about 25 minutes last weekend.

Brian

i think he meant he has 21 years of IT experience

On 4/13/09, Brian Milnes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Quite a concept - a veteran at 21 years...
> Reminds me of the maxim, "Quick, hire an 18 year old while they still know everything!"
> Pip, pip!
> Brian

Thanks, Milosh. You are right. I have 21 years of software experience. This also provides me with an opportunity to add that I have extensive experience in helping different personalities function well as a team.

I look forward to meeting with any of you who are interested in our services.

JACK BOLLES
Principal, Jackson-Bramwell. Ltd
81 Fieldgate Street, Suite 43
London E1 1GU
0797 001 8178
[hidden email]

Meetup Support: support@me
> etup.com

Re: Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

Ivan Markovic
Jack,

I would suggest that you spend some time designing a web site that
better promotes your services and your company. In my opinion the
current site which appears to consist of the default install
statement:

"It works"

is possibly over optimistic, or simply a leap of faith too far.

I v a n ...
P.S. If you ever need any help with web site design give me a shout.

>Thanks, Milosh. You are right. I have 21 years of software
>experience. This also provides me with an opportunity to add that I
>have extensive experience in helping different personalities
>function well as a team.
>
>I look forward to meeting with any of you who are interested in our services.
>
>JACK BOLLES
>Principal, Jackson-Bramwell. Ltd
>81 Fieldgate Street, Suite 43
>London E1 1GU
>0797 001 8178
>[hidden email]
>

>  On Mon 13/04/09 19:32, "milosh z" [hidden email] wrote:
>>  i think he meant he has 21 years of IT experience
>>
>>  On 4/13/09, Brian Milnes <[hidden email]
>>  om> wrote:
>>  Quite a concept - a veteran at 21
>>  years...
>>  Reminds me of the maxim, "Quick, hire an 18 year old
>>  while they still know everything!"
>>  Pip, pip!
>>  > Brian

SculptLight
http://www.sculptlight.com
Mobile  (+44) (0)751 3053944
Office  (+44) (0)20 7243 3696
Fax  (+44) (0)20 7221 4643

Re: Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

milosh z
ivan

believe or not, very often you don't need an advanced website to
promote your business efficiently. even though in some cases, it does
help.

the best deals are closed via personal connections and based on
previous work done, where you really don't need a shiny website of
your own.

cheers
m.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Ivan Markovic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jack,
>
> I would suggest that you spend some time designing a web site that better
> promotes your services and your company. In my opinion the current site
> which appears to consist of the default install statement:
>
> "It works"
>
> is possibly over optimistic, or simply a leap of faith too far.
>
> I v a n ...
> P.S. If you ever need any help with web site design give me a shout.
>

>> Thanks, Milosh. You are right. I have 21 years of software experience.
>> This also provides me with an opportunity to add that I have extensive
>> experience in helping different personalities function well as a team.
>>
>> I look forward to meeting with any of you who are interested in our
>> services.
>>
>> JACK BOLLES
>> Principal, Jackson-Bramwell. Ltd
>> 81 Fieldgate Street, Suite 43
>> London E1 1GU
>> 0797 001 8178
>> [hidden email]
>>

>>  On Mon 13/04/09 19:32, "milosh z" [hidden email] wrote:
>>>
>>>  i think he meant he has 21 years of IT experience
>>>
>>>  On 4/13/09, Brian Milnes <[hidden email]
>>>  om> wrote:
>>>  Quite a concept - a veteran at 21
>>>  years...
>>>  Reminds me of the maxim, "Quick, hire an 18 year old
>>>  while they still know everything!"
>>>  Pip, pip!
>>>  > Brian

Susan Buchanan
I personally object to the idea of this meet-up site being used to promote individuals/businesses, especially those that cannot be bothered putting together their own marketing material. If a news feed reaches my inbox I expect it to be a forum of interesting ideas for discussion, or requests for help and information. If everyone used it to promote their individual business it would become a very dull directory. I personally would shun anyone who attempts to promote themselves this way as indeed the more professional paid-up networking organisations do.

Thank you Susan

milosh z wrote:
ivan

believe or not, very often you don't need an advanced website to
promote your business efficiently. even though in some cases, it does
help.

the best deals are closed via personal connections and based on
previous work done, where you really don't need a shiny website of
your own.

cheers
m.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Ivan Markovic [hidden email] wrote:

Jack,

I would suggest that you spend some time designing a web site that better
promotes your services and your company. In my opinion the current site
which appears to consist of the default install statement:

"It works"

is possibly over optimistic, or simply a leap of faith too far.

I v a n ...
P.S. If you ever need any help with web site design give me a shout.

Thanks, Milosh. You are right. I have 21 years of software experience.
This also provides me with an opportunity to add that I have extensive
experience in helping different personalities function well as a team.

I look forward to meeting with any of you who are interested in our
services.

JACK BOLLES
Principal, Jackson-Bramwell. Ltd
81 Fieldgate Street, Suite 43
London E1 1GU
0797 001 8178
[hidden email]

 On Mon 13/04/09 19:32, "milosh z" [hidden email] wrote:

 i think he meant he has 21 years of IT experience

 On 4/13/09, Brian Milnes [hidden email] wrote:
 Quite a concept - a veteran at 21
 years...
 Reminds me of the maxim, "Quick, hire an 18 year old
 while they still know everything!"
 Pip, pip!
 > Brian
 [hidden email] [
 [hidden email]] On Behalf Of Jack Bolles
 Sent: 13 April 2009 17:34
 > To:
 [hidden email]
 Subject: [entrepreneur-1056] Introducing
 Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

 @jacksonbramwell.com

 > --
 > Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will
 [hidden email])
 http://www.meetup.com/opencoffee/

 This message was sent by Jack Bolles (jack

 @jacksonbramwell.com) from London OpenCoffee Meetup.
 To learn more about Jack Bolles, visit his/her
 member profile: http://www.meetup.com/opencoffee/members/8783557/
 >> To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list
 settings, click here: http://www.meetup.com/account/comm/

 Meetup Support: support@me

 etup.com

 > Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will
 [hidden email])
 http://www.meetup.com/opencoffee/

 This message was sent by Brian Milnes ([hidden email]

 om) from London OpenCoffee Meetup.
 To learn more about Brian Milnes, visit his/her
 member profile: http://www.meetup.com/opencoffee/members/7503343/
 >> To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list
 settings, click here: http://www.meetup.com/account/comm/

 Meetup Support: support@me

 etup.com

 Milosh Zorica
 +54 9 11 5015 6476
 +44 78 0524 4830
 www.coroflot.co
 m/miloshz

 --
 Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone
on
 [hidden email])

http://www.meetup.com/opencoffee/
This message was sent by milosh z (milosh

 [hidden email]) from London OpenCoffee Meetup.

To learn more about milosh z, visit his/her member profile:
http://www.meetup.com/opencoffee/members/6034759/
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here:
http://www.meetup.com/account/comm/
Meetup Support: support@me

 etup.com

Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on

Ivan Markovic
SculptLight
http://www.sculptlight.com
Mobile  (+44) (0)751 3053944
Office  (+44) (0)20 7243 3696
Fax  (+44) (0)20 7221 4643

--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on

Re: Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

Stony Grunow
Hi Ivan

While it's true that you don't need an advanced website to do business, having a website is one of those tick-boxes you mentally check when evaluating an unknown business associate.

Personally, I balk at the idea of doing business with someone who has no website, or shows up disheveled, or hands out home-made business cards made on an inkjet printer, or even uses an aol email address for their business. These are the things I can see, and they are presumably indicators for the more important things I can't see. (Similar to the restaurant rule - if the bathroom's dirty, the kitchen's worse)

Perhaps I'm closing off potential relationships with excellent business men/women who don't invest in superficial appearances, but until I do business with them, it's all I have to go on.

Stony Grunow
www.citrusconsultants.com

P.S. -- I think Joseph Stiglitz won the Nobel prize in Economics for his work that included claiming that the main purpose of gaining an MBA is not to learn skills but to prove to potential employers that you are the kind of person who can gain acceptce to and survive an MBA program. I don't have an MBA and I don't specifically value them, but I know if someone says, "Wharton MBA" than they are smart and capable of working their ass off.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM, milosh z <[hidden email]> wrote:
ivan

believe or not, very often you don't need an advanced website to
promote your business efficiently. even though in some cases, it does
help.

the best deals are closed via personal connections and based on
previous work done, where you really don't need a shiny website of
your own.

cheers
m.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Ivan Markovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jack,
>
> I would suggest that you spend some time designing a web site that better
> promotes your services and your company. In my opinion the current site
> which appears to consist of the default install statement:
>
> "It works"
>
> is possibly over optimistic, or simply a leap of faith too far.

Re: Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

Nick Barker
Hi Stony/Ivan

I'm with Stony on this. 1st impressions do count, both virtual and physical. If you don't have a recommendation then what else do you develop credibility/trust around with a partner/supplier? We had this challenge of finding good/reliable resources recently for our startup - see my post on 5 Startup Steps to finding & working with freelancers

Its not a matter of a shiny website. A website can be simple but also well thought out and professional. I also believe business cards are worth spending good money on because 1st physical meetings impressions really do count. Here's my thoughts on what makes a good business card: Business cards - 5 key features for success

Yes, you may close off potential relationships by selecting them based on their website but better that than have the time consuming and costly expense of sorting out a under performing supplier later on.

Best

Nick

P.S. -- Stony I do have an MBA and yes you do have to work your ass off. Someone said to me that doing an MBA also says something about you. You will willing to change and take on a challenge.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Stony Grunow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ivan

While it's true that you don't need an advanced website to do business, having a website is one of those tick-boxes you mentally check when evaluating an unknown business associate.

Personally, I balk at the idea of doing business with someone who has no website, or shows up disheveled, or hands out home-made business cards made on an inkjet printer, or even uses an aol email address for their business. These are the things I can see, and they are presumably indicators for the more important things I can't see. (Similar to the restaurant rule - if the bathroom's dirty, the kitchen's worse)

Perhaps I'm closing off potential relationships with excellent business men/women who don't invest in superficial appearances, but until I do business with them, it's all I have to go on.

Stony Grunow
www.citrusconsultants.com

P.S. -- I think Joseph Stiglitz won the Nobel prize in Economics for his work that included claiming that the main purpose of gaining an MBA is not to learn skills but to prove to potential employers that you are the kind of person who can gain acceptce to and survive an MBA program. I don't have an MBA and I don't specifically value them, but I know if someone says, "Wharton MBA" than they are smart and capable of working their ass off.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM, milosh z <[hidden email]> wrote:
ivan

believe or not, very often you don't need an advanced website to
promote your business efficiently. even though in some cases, it does
help.

the best deals are closed via personal connections and based on
previous work done, where you really don't need a shiny website of
your own.

cheers
m.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Ivan Markovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jack,
>
> I would suggest that you spend some time designing a web site that better
> promotes your services and your company. In my opinion the current site
> which appears to consist of the default install statement:
>
> "It works"
>
> is possibly over optimistic, or simply a leap of faith too far.

Nick Barker
Viisys CEO

Email:    [hidden email]
Mobile:  +44 (0)7717 757766
Website: viisys.com, e20portal.com & awaremonitoring.com
Blog:      nickpoint.co.uk
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/nickpoint

Re: Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

Geoff Wright
Hi Jack - I for one will be in touch... thanks for the heads up.

Why do people always have to moan? I've never had an issue with anything that's come into my inbox from this forum, why? Because there's more to worry about in life.

Susan - this email is marketing material. How do you know he hasn't prepared PDF's? Or is about to launch his website tomorrow? AND as a final point, you know what they say about marketing don't you.

Ivan - I didn't see a request for website critique?

The one thing people need to understand is this is a group of people united only by one thing, ambition. It comes in many different flavours, and from many different industries. People will do things differently, its just the way the world works.

Thanks,

Geoff

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Stony Grunow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ivan

While it's true that you don't need an advanced website to do business, having a website is one of those tick-boxes you mentally check when evaluating an unknown business associate.

Personally, I balk at the idea of doing business with someone who has no website, or shows up disheveled, or hands out home-made business cards made on an inkjet printer, or even uses an aol email address for their business. These are the things I can see, and they are presumably indicators for the more important things I can't see. (Similar to the restaurant rule - if the bathroom's dirty, the kitchen's worse)

Perhaps I'm closing off potential relationships with excellent business men/women who don't invest in superficial appearances, but until I do business with them, it's all I have to go on.

Stony Grunow
www.citrusconsultants.com

P.S. -- I think Joseph Stiglitz won the Nobel prize in Economics for his work that included claiming that the main purpose of gaining an MBA is not to learn skills but to prove to potential employers that you are the kind of person who can gain acceptce to and survive an MBA program. I don't have an MBA and I don't specifically value them, but I know if someone says, "Wharton MBA" than they are smart and capable of working their ass off.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM, milosh z <[hidden email]> wrote:
ivan

believe or not, very often you don't need an advanced website to
promote your business efficiently. even though in some cases, it does
help.

the best deals are closed via personal connections and based on
previous work done, where you really don't need a shiny website of
your own.

cheers
m.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Ivan Markovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jack,
>
> I would suggest that you spend some time designing a web site that better
> promotes your services and your company. In my opinion the current site
> which appears to consist of the default install statement:
>
> "It works"
>
> is possibly over optimistic, or simply a leap of faith too far.

Re: Introducing Jackson-Bramwell, Ltd.

milosh z
i agree

mail he has sent is no any different than the way we introduce each
other while meeting at opencoffee