Have any of you seen this?

john barrett

I'm probably going to get my head chewed off again but I thought the whole point of the internet, or one of them was that it was bringing the world together. Surely this is just going to serve to divide us all up again. What do the rest of you think.

John B.

Re: Have any of you seen this?

I am not sure if that is the purpose of the internet, I thought it was to bridge the so called 'gap'. If having URL's in latin ot whatever format gets more people using the web I think its great. Lets face it over half the web content is written in Mandarin or something similar, hence of little use to me, of that which remains, most I never see, since I tend not to stray too far past the first three pages of google results, which are heavily controlled by the SEO and marketing whizzes. This of course means the interesting/learning based content which is put up by individuals wishing to share knowledge it usually lost deep in googles loins.

Having said this I have recently been looking at timmp.com, and I am very impressed by its results and speed, it claims to have indexed more pages than google (not sure what that means), and is due for launch soon....

I.

I'm probably going to get my head chewed off again but I thought the whole point of the internet, or one of them was that it was bringing the world together. Surely this is just going to serve to divide us all up again. What do the rest of you think.

John B.

RE: Have any of you seen this?

Senake Atureliya
Surely, what we need (or may already have) is a browser that dispalys the URL as well as content in the users language - in which case the actual look of the URL itself would be irrelevant.

Senake

www.piefinance.com

I'm probably going to get my head chewed off again but I thought the whole point of the internet, or one of them was that it was bringing the world together. Surely this is just going to serve to divide us all up again. What do the rest of you think.

John B.

Re: Have any of you seen this?

john barrett
Thats true Senake. I suppose no matter how hard they tried you will always end up with divisions anyway. And for all sorts of reasons.

John B.

Re: Have any of you seen this?

john barrett
My browser is supposed to do that, but it isn't perfect. Plus the when you get something said in a different language it is not just a case of translating the words, the way the words are put together are different for each language too. Just translating the words of this sentance into say, japenese would probably make no sense what so ever. That's why a lot of the movie titles sound so bizarre when they change them into chinese or japenese and then translate them back again.

John B.