Funding Sources for Web2 Officer in Social Enterprise?

Funding Sources for Web2 Officer in Social Enterprise?

Ed-5-3
Hi All

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes.
I am a Trustee for a London-based Arts and Community Orgnanization- Charity Status. We have 1.5 employees down from 10 a decade ago as result of public sector cuts.

Does anyone know of either public sector, private sector or philanthropic trust schemes that might support us with the cost of employing a Web2.0 literate Marketing Officer? I envisage it being a 2 year rather than a permanent post. The 2 people we have in place currenly are the Centre's Director and half a Youth & Education Officer (who also doubles up as our secretary and admin person).

I am not looking for a person or a volunteer but rather sources of funds for employing a person for upto years on either a full time or pro-rata basis. We already have an individual in mind. We are now as part of our 3 year business plan committed to building a micro-enterprise carnival cluster at the Centre, in additon to our normal arts and community activities. The Marketing Officer will also double up as our Community Enterprise officer!!!

There is a sense of urgency to this in that we are having to evacuate our current building due to capital refurbishment for 10-12 months- we have been it for 30 years! And this will place us at risk of losing a significant section of our community participants unless we keep them constantly informed of, and comforted in, the fact that their space will be back. Web 2.0 provides for this and our education outreach efforts amongst our teenagers..

Gosh, I hope all the above made sense and that I haven't taken for granted the purposes of this list and your time.

Looking forward to the responses: positive and negative

My kind wishes

Ed

http://www.yaacentre.com/

Surfing the web just got more rewarding. Download the New Internet Explorer 8

RE: Funding Sources for Web2 Officer in Social Enterprise?

Sandi Wassmer

Hi Ed,

I have not raised finance in this space, so cannot advise on specific funding criteria, but here are some resources that may be of use:

http://www.socialenterprise.org.uk/

http://www.sel.org.uk/

http://www.philanthropyuk.org/

http://www.thefundingnetwork.org.uk/

http://www.biginvest.co.uk/

http://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/

http://www.j4bgrants.co.uk/

http://www.esf.gov.uk/

All the best,

Sandi

Sandi Wassmer

Copious Ltd / digital agency
t: 020 8446 3806
m: 07808 887 201

e: [hidden email]
w: www.copious.co.uk

Company Registration number: 4213718      VAT Registration Number 774 4416 14

If you receive this e-mail in error please notify the sender by replying using the words Misdirected E-mail in the subject, and then delete the message and any attachments from your system.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4046 (20090430) __________

http://www.eset.com