Quantcast

Does anyone have any spare time?

Omar Miah
head over to google, they've got pacman! not sure how long they're gonna keep it there!
and guess what: it's not in flash!
it must be javascript - but loads in a split second
i was wondering where the code behind it was - the code for the page is not enough for the game

serious question: how many human hours are google guilty of stealing in the form of employees time spent playing this game?
if u total up and calculate as a wordlwide figure, i think it would easily run into 10's of £m's!

omar

Re: Does anyone have any spare time?

richard bond
Was really surprised when it actually worked
Been playing on and off all afternoon :)

bondrich

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Omar Miah
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> head over to google, they've got pacman! not sure how long they're gonna
> keep it there!
> and guess what: it's not in flash!
> it must be javascript - but loads in a split second
> i was wondering where the code behind it was - the code for the page is not
> enough for the game
> serious question: how many human hours are google guilty of stealing in the
> form of employees time spent playing this game?
> if u total up and calculate as a wordlwide figure, i think it would easily
> run into 10's of £m's!
>
> omar
>

> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |

Re: Does anyone have any spare time?

Steve Karmeinsky
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 01:12:13PM -0400, richard bond wrote:

> Was really surprised when it actually worked
> Been playing on and off all afternoon :)

You're surprised Google released something on their homepage and it
worked? What planet are you on?

NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44 7775 755503
UK +44 20 7993 2612  /  US +1 310 857 7715  /  Fax +44 20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo/.Mac/Twitter/FriendFeed stevekennedyuk
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com   MSN [hidden email]

Re: Does anyone have any spare time?

supposedly the code (note have not looked through  it )

http://pastebin.com/enyeHeKg

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> head over to google, they've got pacman! not sure how long they're gonna
> keep it there!
> and guess what: it's not in flash!
> it must be javascript - but loads in a split second
> i was wondering where the code behind it was - the code for the page is not
> enough for the game
> serious question: how many human hours are google guilty of stealing in the
> form of employees time spent playing this game?
> if u total up and calculate as a wordlwide figure, i think it would easily
> run into 10's of £m's!
>
> omar
>

> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |

RE: Does anyone have any spare time?

Brian Milnes

A Google guy pointed out yesterday that all the Android apps are in Java, and that there was some sort of interpreter for Python and PHP(?).

Is it surprising because we expect everything to be in Flash these days? (Remember when they used to be the “Skip this page” company?)

Re: Does anyone have any spare time?

richard bond
Same planet as you I guess Steve
I assumed that it was just a design and was surprised that it could
actually be played

Clear enough for you

bondrich

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 03:03:44PM -0400, richard bond wrote:

> Same planet as you I guess Steve
> I assumed that it was just a design and was surprised that it could
> actually be played
> Clear enough for you

Sorry, I assumed you meant Google releasing something on their
front-page which they hadn't tested thoroughly ... if they put it on a
landing page you can pretty much guarantee it's going to work ...