Quantcast

Cost of UK supreme court website is....

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/34561/response/89947/attach/html/3/Mr%20Kitt%20FOI%2064935%20UKSC%20website.doc.html

£360K, and guess who did it, LOGICA, who goes to logica to create a website, I am amazed at how much large companies can charge for absolute rubbish, because a few MBA (sorry to all those who have a MBA), can create a 50 page powerpoint.

I once worked for a very short time at a consultancy, BAA were paying £200K to building a 'extranet' which would allow them to login and register all items which had been checked and marked 2000 compliant. I was expecting something way cool, and then came down to earth with a bump, they had a database driven website, password protected (that was the extranet part) where people entered in a product, and clicked yes/no, that was it. Seven, yes seven consultants working on this fulltime.

I think I know where the government can save money :-)

Re: Cost of UK supreme court website is....

David Crane-3
I could definitely have done that for £350k, £345k even.

On 5 June 2010 01:00, iqbalgandham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/34561/response/89947/attach/html/3/Mr%20Kitt%20FOI%2064935%20UKSC%20website.doc.html
>

> £360K, and guess who did it, LOGICA, who goes to logica to create a website,
> I am amazed at how much large companies can charge for absolute rubbish,
> because a few MBA (sorry to all those who have a MBA), can create a 50 page
> powerpoint.
>
> I once worked for a very short time at a consultancy, BAA were paying £200K
> to building a 'extranet' which would allow them to login and register all
> items which had been checked and marked 2000 compliant. I was expecting
> something way cool, and then came down to earth with a bump, they had a
> database driven website, password protected (that was the extranet part)
> where people entered in a product, and clicked yes/no, that was it. Seven,
> yes seven consultants working on this fulltime.
>
> I think I know where the government can save money :-)
>
> Iqbal
>

> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |

www.debatewise.org
020 3393 7223 | 07956 292 567
Wave: [hidden email]

Re: Cost of UK supreme court website is....

Deborah Huisken
Iqbal - that's why your dreams are so important...  Yes, you could save them money.

Deborah

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:01 PM, iqbalgandham <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

------------------------------
Deborah Huisken, PCC
Dancing Star International
One must embrace the chaos within
 to give birth to a dancing star
Partnering with savvy entrepreneurs to
 develop their businesses and themselves
UK cell:  0798 521-4520
VoIP:  +1 617 275-5706
Skype:  deborahhuis
Blog:  www.dancingstar.com/blog
[hidden email]
www.DancingStar.com

Re: Cost of UK supreme court website is....

Chris Powell-2
Well, to be honest, 8 people (including their overheads) for one year not just PM-ing and developing but collating all the content, designing and arguing about design, dealing with a slow bureaucracy etc. and you're up in £360k land quite easily.

Yes, yes. some will argue they've put up a brilliant site for £100 but if you outsource your work to a reputable company developing in this country you can expect these costs.  Although I must admit Logica does seem a bit of a surprise.

Chris
http://workingName.co.uk

iqbalgandham wrote:
[...]

Omar Miah
I never like to undercut *anyone*
If it was me, I would have quoted £360k and would have convinced the client that I'd give much better value for money and would have given them extras like javascript menus (for £370k, they could have had a CMS as well)

Maybe the attitude should be: if you can't beat them, join them (but do a much better job)

Omar

iqbalgandham wrote:
[...]

:-)

I could definitely have done that for £350k, £345k even.

On 5 June 2010 01:00, iqbalgandham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/34561/response/89947/attach/html/3/Mr%20Kitt%20FOI%2064935%20UKSC%20website.doc.html
>

> £360K, and guess who did it, LOGICA, who goes to logica to create a website,
> I am amazed at how much large companies can charge for absolute rubbish,
> because a few MBA (sorry to all those who have a MBA), can create a 50 page
> powerpoint.
>
> I once worked for a very short time at a consultancy, BAA were paying £200K
> to building a 'extranet' which would allow them to login and register all
> items which had been checked and marked 2000 compliant. I was expecting
> something way cool, and then came down to earth with a bump, they had a
> database driven website, password protected (that was the extranet part)
> where people entered in a product, and clicked yes/no, that was it. Seven,
> yes seven consultants working on this fulltime.
>
> I think I know where the government can save money :-)
>
> Iqbal
>

> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |

www.debatewise.org
020 3393 7223 | 07956 292 567
Wave: [hidden email]

Re: Cost of UK supreme court website is....

Nick Light
That's disgusting.

Just think how many gardening bills, swimming pools and chandeliers that could have paid for, not to mention moat clearing.

It makes me sick ;)

Kind regards,

Nick Light
Founder CEO
Booly Ltd

Web:  http://boo.ly
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/nicklight
Tel:  +44 (0)7899 866913
Email:   [hidden email]

On Sat 05/06/2010 01:00, iqbalgandham wrote:
[...]

Charles Ajidahun
A new and innovative internet social media is on the verge of launching and we need a web and software engineers to join our team.

Requirements:
? BS computer science.
? Experience in php, mysql and flash programming.
? Experience in working with streaming media technology, live
streaming in particular.
? Researching, designing and writing new software programs
? Intensely driven and proactive.
? Creating technical specifications and test plans
? Highly functional in a group environment
? Highly motivated
? Investigating new technologies to ensure that we stay competitive in the market.

Benefits:
? Working on a cutting edge product that's the first to market
? Flexible working hours and location
? Opportunity to have a lot of creative input and grow professionally
? Working in a fun environment.
? Challenging your own knowledge in achieving the best and to be the best
? Being part of an exciting start-up team
? Opportunity to make your own mark on the web, rather than getting lost in the cloud of a conglomerate.

We are looking for individuals who are willing to join a passionate and enthusiastic team, where ideas will evolve with the goal being attaining an investment from either a VC or preferably an Angel Investor.

Through the investment we want to build an influential and innovative website that will consist of a software to match.Our idea is a niche that has not been exploited and we are confident it will be a success.

Company shares will be allocated to individuals and 'competitive' regular salaries will be paid once investment is ascertained. We are very confident with the idea we have and we believe the attainment of investment is only a matter of time.

If you are interested, please forward your CV to the email below. Successful Candidates will be invited to London to meet the rest of the team.

[hidden email]

NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or other privileged information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, saving, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies.