Any Adobe Flash people here?

Geoff Wright
Hi all,

I had a very quick question: is it possible to manipulate files (video mostly, I'm not fussed which format) from within a flash application (not the Flash creator app), i.e. add chapters, maybe crop the screen etc?

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks,

Geoff

--
BR,

Geoff Wright

Affililabs LTD
[hidden email]
t: +44 (0) 7702 405 730
Skype: geoffw8
tw: geoffw8

RE: Any Adobe Flash people here?

Adam Gordalsi

Hi Geoff

There are several Flash meetup groups, you may find an answer on one of those if you join up and post.

This one tends to be quite good:

http://www.meetup.com/flashcamp/

Good luck

Adam Gordalsi

vuemotion

359 Roman Road

London

E3 5QR

mobile: 07903 462 865

fax: 0845 004 5790

email: [hidden email]

www.vuemotion.com

0845 868 0789

vuemotion updates: http://www.twitter.com/vuemotion

Re: Any Adobe Flash people here?

Geoff Wright
Hi Adam,

Thanks for that! Will do... If in the meantime someone has an answer for this, please let me know...

Thanks,

Geoff

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 5:25 AM, Adam Gordalsi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Geoff

There are several Flash meetup groups, you may find an answer on one of those if you join up and post.

This one tends to be quite good:

http://www.meetup.com/flashcamp/

Good luck

Adam Gordalsi

vuemotion

359 Roman Road

London

E3 5QR

mobile: 07903 462 865

fax: 0845 004 5790

email: [hidden email]

www.vuemotion.com

0845 868 0789

vuemotion updates: http://www.twitter.com/vuemotion

Re: Any Adobe Flash people here?

Omar Miah
Geoff

Your the problem is your question
You wouldn't manipulate the video 'in Flash' as such
Instead you would use other tools to cut and dissect and then be able to put together after

Adding chapters, that would be something you would design at the presentation layer
This could be something as simple as getting a Flash video player that shows many videos with a play list on the side with thumbnails (or could be more involved if you're trying to create something with a custom look and feel)

Email me separately if you need help and I'll see what I can do

Omar

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Geoff Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I had a very quick question: is it possible to manipulate files (video mostly, I'm not fussed which format) from within a flash application (not the Flash creator app), i.e. add chapters, maybe crop the screen etc?

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks,

Geoff

--
BR,

Geoff Wright

Affililabs LTD
[hidden email]
t: +44 (0) 7702 405 730
Skype: geoffw8
tw: geoffw8

Re: Any Adobe Flash people here?

Yes its pretty easy on a mac, use imovie, it will display the movie frame by frame, and you can insert whatever frames you wish in the middle, add a layer of text over a frame. Then package it together again.

Iqbal