Angels are everywhere

afit
Hi

I was at the Fox Williams (http://www.ebizlaw.co.uk/) event last night and there was quite an interesting discussion around financial regulation and early-stage investment. I'd been meaning since the start of the year to write up some of our experiences with angels, and I took last night as a prompt to do so. Some of you have enjoyed our other posts and it's always good to get others' views.

http://www.reincubate.com/blog/2009/apr/16/angels-are-everywhere/

It's a bit long, but the first two paragraphs read:

"Angels are everywhere. It's a nice thought, isn't it? Over the last twelve months, and since the onset of the credit crunch, we've heard all sorts of stories about angels. One of the most commonly reported is that there's been an increase in the number of “new” angels signing up to private investor networks, up by as much as 31% according to Angel's Den.

Our experience is bearing this out. There really are a lot of angels out there, be they sophisticated or HNWI, and there's a lot more attention being paid to early-stage. As the markets have become riskier, and perhaps also as banks have laid and paid off HNVIs, there are more would-be investors and founders out there. Able entrepreneurs looking to raise sub-six-figure sums have some good opportunities."

reincubate Aidan Fitzpatrick, Partner, Reincubate
E: [hidden email], T: +44 (0) 7817 681232
Accelerating growth of start-up & entrepreneurial businesses